CHAPTER 44: DECODER

(Photo- Parker)

PARKER P. O. V

I sat at a table in study hall trying to process the symbols in the Book of Horus. None of it made any sense. I dropped the book on the table and closed my eyes. I couldn't stop thinking about Courtney's warning. I knew whatever we needed to defeat this threat is going to be in this book. I let out a sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair out of frustration. "Are those hieroglyphics?" I heard a girl ask. My eyes shot open as I moved my head up to see a girl with long blonde hair standing over me. "If it was would you know what the symbols mean?" I asked. "Are you kidding? Hieroglyphics are my favorite." She sat down at the table and viewed the book. "Open the door and find the first piece, if the cure is what you seek." The girl read. A giant smile grew on my face. "Thank you so much!" I excitedly said. "No problem. Is this for a class or something?" She asked. "Something like that.. I'm Parker Halliwell." I held my hand out. She shook it with a smile. "Lily rush. I actually know your cousins. Melinda and HJ." She said. "Oh that's cool. Well I gotta go. Thanks again Lily." I walked out of study hall and made my way to the twins locker. "Guess what?" I asked them excitedly. "What!?" They said in unison. "I decoded the first page. It's a riddle." I closed my eyes trying to remember it. "Open the door and find the first piece, if the cure is what you seek." I said. "I am horrible at riddles." Kat admitted. "We all are. But Courtney told me that the Book of Horus is the answer to everything. So are you guys with me or not?" I asked. They both sighed. "I'm with you." They said in unison.

================================================================================================================================================================
AVALON P. O. V

I was leaned against my locker kissing Chris when my dad walked up. "Well who is this?" He asked. Chris and I immediately stopped kissing. "Uh, dad this is my boyfriend Chris Halliwell." I said. My dad examined him. "Hello Principal Hudson." Chris held out his hand. "Mr. Halliwell. I'm pretty sure your parents placed you in this school to learn, not to swallow my daughter. Now off to class." He said coldly. "Yes sir." Chris quickly walked off. "What was that for!?" I angrily asked. "I'm just protecting you sweetie. Do you think a boy like that can handle your secret?" He asked. "You don't even know him! For all you know he can be a Werewolf, Vampire, or a Witch." I said. "Yeah okay sweetie. I saw what your birth parents went through with trusting others with their secret. I just don't want it to happen to you." He kissed my forehead and walked off.

=================================================================================

MELINDA P. O. V

(Saturday Night)

PJ was doing my hair in my room. "There all done. You look absolutely beautiful. Now this is the first date so don't break his heart yet." She explained. I let out a deep sigh. I really didn't feel comfortable doing this to Austin. PJ always have to get the last laugh. She is my cousin so I have to help her out. "Okay." I responded.
=====================================================================================
AUSTIN P. O. V

I was viewing myself in my full body mirror when someone knocked on the door. Justin walked in. "You look nice. Where you going?" He curiously asked. I walked over to my bed and sat down. "I have a date with Melinda." I said. He pushed his eyebrows together and folded his arms. "How did that happen?" He leaned against my bathroom door. I sighed. "She just asked me out on a date. I wonder if PJ's okay with this."

"Dude who cares. Melinda is hot. And she's smart, she taught her self how to fight, and she stole Wyatt's powers. She's bad ass." He said. "And your also a nerd, you kick butt, and you helped me get better at my wand attacks." He added. "You guys are perfect for each other." He walked out the room.
==========================================================================================
MELINDA P. O. V

There was a knock at the door. "Good luck." PJ beamed out. I rolled my eyes as I took small steps towards the door. I opened the door to see a
smiley Austin. "Hi. You look amazing." He said. A flashed him a smile. "Thanks, you too." I responded. "So first we are going to the movies and then we're going to some fancy restaurant called Oberlin's" He said causing me to widen my eyes. Oberlin's was a very fancy, expensive restaurant. My parents had been trying to get reservations for months. "Shall we go?" He held out his hand. I placed my hand inside of his and walked out. =========================================================================================
WYATT P. O. V
My date with Tori was coming up soon and I had to make sure it was absolutely perfect. I had called Avalon to help me with it since she knows her best. She sat on THE living room couch as I paced around. "What about Oberlin's?" I asked. "For the LAST time. Tori does not like fancy food. And isn't it like super hard to get into that place?" She asked. "Well Austin got in." I wined. She rolled her eyes. "Look, what about a buffet?" She suggested. "It's all you can eat which Tori would love." She explained.

I smiled and nodded my head to the good idea. I don't know what's up with Avalon. I can't even remember the last time I heard her insult me. Her new attitude is actually making me see the coolness in her. "Thanks Wolf- I mean Avalon." I said as I pulled her off the couch for a hug. A few seconds passed until she hugged me back. "Um.." Chris said as he walked inside of the living room. I let go of Avalon.

"Dude your girlfriend just helped me plan a date with Tori." I said with a smile. Chris walked towards Avalon. "He's a hugger. I know you like mines better." He said with a smile. "Yup." Avalon awkwardly smiled. Chris pulled her in for a hug.
========================================================================================
3RD PERSON VIEW
Tori tossed and turned in her bed. She couldn't get any sleep. She was definitely tired but her body wouldn't let her drift off. Once she sat up her shoulders risen and she clenched her eyes closed.
==========================================================================================
TORI'S PREMONITION
The cousins, Avalon, and Tori were in the living room. "Can you all stop? He didn't do it!" Patience angrily told everyone. Avalon's eyes started glowing. "It has to be him Patience. Caused your poisoned too." She said causing Patience's eyes to widen.
========================================================================================
"How could you do this to me?" Tori shouted at Avalon. "I didn't do anything to you!" Avalon hissed. "I didn't tell you because i'm a good friend. Unlike some people." She crossed her arms. "WHAT!? I SAVED YOUR ASS. IF IT WASN'T FOR ME YOU WOULDN'T HAVE YOUR NEW POWER!" Tori yelled.
============================================================================================
3RD PERSON VIEW
Tori opened her eyes and lowered her shoulders. "Woah.." She thought about the premonition she just had. She then fell back and went to sleep.

A/N- Hi everyone. I won't be updating in a while. I had writers block and just started getting new ideas. Trust me when I tell you that the upcoming chapters are going to be better than ever.