CHAPTER 55: AVALON'S PAST

Rachel/ portrayed by Holland Roden

Abby/ portrayed by Peyton List

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I pressed the button on top of it and pulled the covers off of me. I got dressed and made my way down the stairs. "Happy birthday!" My parents said excitedly. I smiled. "Thanks guys." I walked further into the kitchen viewing the giant birthday breakfast my mother had made. "My baby's finally sixteen. How do you feel?" My mother said. "I feel.. normal." I responded.

"You sure? You don't feel different at all?" dad asked. "Gregory she said she's fine." Mom gave him a smile and turned her head back towards me. "Now after school come straight home so we can go shopping for your party." She said. I grabbed a piece of bacon. "About the party. I don't think I want one." I grabbed my bag off of a chair and began to make my over to the front door.

"Hold it!" My mother quickly ran in front of the door. "What do you mean you don't want a party. We been planning this for months. I already sent out all the invites." She said. "So cancel them. That's why god gave us email." My father walked into the kitchen. "Help me out here dad." I said. "Amy if she doesn't want a party then she doesn't have to have one. You just enjoy your day sweetie." He said. I smiled as mom moved from in front of the door. I walked out.
=======================================================================================
I walked through the hall with my best friend Abby. "I can't believe you told your parents you don't want a party. You only turn sixteen once."
She said. "I just don't want a party. Why is that a big deal?" I asked. We walked over to our lockers. "Because if you don't have a party that means you can't invite Jack Cooper." She said. I rolled my eyes. "He doesn't even know I exist. If I did have a party he probably won't even come." I opened my locker.

"Well now we will never know." She said as I grabbed my history textbook and closed my locker. We continued to walk down the hall. A girl with long blonde hair stared at me as she passed us in the hall. I pushed my eyebrows together. "You ever feel like something's missing from your life?" I asked. "Uh no. What can possibly be missing from your life. You have two loving parents, a loving best friend, and a loving boyfriend IF you call your mom right now and tell her you want to have your party." She said. "Yeah, not going to happen." We walked into class.
=======================================================================================
I sat in class listening to my history teacher ramble about something that had happened in 1766. The same girl I had seen in the hall walked into the room. She gave the teacher a white piece of paper. He viewed it and looked back up at the girl. "Class we have a new student. This is Rachel Martin." He told us. He pointed to the seat next to me. "Please sit." He said. She walked over to the seat and sat down. "I'm your history teacher Mr. Williams. Why don't you tell the class a little about yourself." He said.

"Well I'm from Vermont. My family and I moved here after our house burned down." She said. "I'm sorry to hear that." Mr. Williams said. Rachel smiled. "That's really it. There's Nothing interesting about me." She said. "Okay. Abby and Avalon. I want you guys to show Rachel around the school." He said. We both nodded our heads. He continued teaching. Suddenly, I felt the strangest feeling. As if my insides were moving all around. Something caused me to turn to my left. Once I did, I saw Rachel staring back at me.
==========================================================================================
I was showing Rachel around the school. Abby wasn't with us because she was at cheer leading practice. "And finally. The gym." I said as we entered. "Thanks. You been really nice." She said with a smile. I shot her quick half smile. "No problem." I told her. "Well I better get going. Happy birthday by the way." She said as she walked away. I pushed my eyebrows together. How could she possibly know that? I shook of the subject and walked further into the gym to see Abby talking to Jack.

Once she saw me, she quickly ran over to me. "Guess what?" She asked excitedly. "What?" I asked. "I told Jack that you were having a party and he said 'Dude I'm there.'" She said. My eyes widened. "Abby I'm not having a party." I said. She bit her lip. "You kinda are.. I called your mom and told her you wanted one." She said. "You what!?" I angrily shouted. I walked over to the bleachers. Abby followed. "Come on. What's the big deal?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I feel like something bad is going to happen tonight." I said. Abby rolled her eyes. "Please your being ridiculous. You have been crushing on Jack ever since the seventh grade. Now's your chance to have him." She replied. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine."
=========================================================================================
I stood in front of my full body mirror and viewed the purple knee length party dress my mom had bought me. I looked outside my window to see all my friends and family outside. There had to be at least 200 people in my huge backyard. I pushed my eyebrows together as I noticed a red haired girl standing by a tree in the far corner of my backyard. It was Rachel and she was staring back at me.

I quickly ran out my room and down the stairs. I made my way to the backyard door. "Happy birthday!" Everyone yelled. I smiled as I quickly made my way through the people who were dancing. I got closer to the tree and Rachel who smile grew bigger. "Uh, hi." I said awkwardly. "Hey." She smiled. "What are you doing here? I mean, how do you know-" I began to say.

"Abby invited me." She said. "Oh. How did you know it was my birthday?" I asked. "She likes him." She said staring over me. I pushed my eyebrows together and turned around to see Abby laughing with Jack. I turned back to Rachel. "Oh no you got it all wrong. Abby's my best friend. She would never do that." I said. "Trust me. She likes him." She simply said. I crossed my arms. "What makes you so sure?" I asked. She sighed. "This is going to sound really crazy.. but i'm a witch."