CHAPTER 66: CLOSE CALLS

Synopsis: Morgan saves team Suroh from being caught by team evil. Tamora gets jealous of Morgan and Kat's friendship. PJ finds a dog and discovers a new Latin ability. Piper tells Melinda that she thinks Morgan is the Evo scientists top trained Cross blood.

KAT P. O. V

"Uh oh." I whispered. "My phone died." I said. "Quick give me one of yours." I added. "I left my phone at home." Parker said. "Mines broke." Tamora added. Melinda pulled out her phone and pressed the power button. "I have no service." She nervously said. "The first piece! It's gone!" A woman angrily said. Melinda pushed her eyebrows together. "That sounds like Ms. Turner." She backed up trying to get a better view without being seen. She accidentally bumped into the locker.

"What was that?" Coach asked. "Someone else is here. Show yourself!" Principal Hudson shouted angrily. Morgan teleported in. "Grab hands." She said. Without hesitation we all grabbed hands as the footsteps of team evil came closer. We teleported into the attic. "Oh my god thank you so much Hunter." I pulled her in for a hug. Once I let go she smiled. "No problem blondie. I don't know how but I knew you guys were in trouble." She said. "It's called witch sensing. You can sense all things. For example, you can sense someone's birthday, how old they are, what species they are, etc." Melinda's eyes then widened. "I've never met a witch with that power. I gotta go document it in my book." She quickly made her way out of the attic.

"Super dork?" Morgan asked. "Mega super dork." I corrected. We both chuckled. "Thanks again for saving me. I owe you one." I said. "No problem. Come let me take you two home." Morgan held out her hands. "You guys go. Maybe Morgan can sleep in my bed." Tamora crossed her arms. "Tam." I said sincerely as I placed a hand on her shoulder. "That's a great idea! Let's go Hunter." I grabbed her hand and we teleported out.
========================================================================================
(The next day)
PJ P. O. V
I was walking through the alley on my way home from school. "Hey." I heard a man say. I quickly turned around to see nobody there. I continued walking. "Excuse me." I heard. I turned around once again. "Down here!" The voice said. I looked down to see a brown chiwawa. My eyes widened. "Am I going crazy?" I asked the dog. "I don't know. But can you buy me a cheeseburger? I could really use one." He said. Then it clicked. Communicating with animals must be one of my Latin powers. "Are you lost?" I asked the dog.

"No i'm a stray. So about that cheeseburger.." He said causing me to giggle. "Your funny. What's your name?" I asked. "I don't have one.." He said disappointed. "Well i'll call you Boon." I said with a smile. "Boon? I love it!" He excitedly said. I giggled once again as I got on one knee and picked him up. "Your coming with me." I continued walking. "Seriously though, are we still on for that cheeseburger?"
=======================================================================================
PATIENCE P. O. V
Tamora and I were in the girls locker room. We had just finished cheer leading practice. Coach Nivens walked in. "Listen up girls." She said grabbing everyone's attention. "We need some girls to transfer to the lacrosse cheer leading team. The sign up sheet is on the door." She said before she left. "Wanna transfer?" Tamora asked. I rolled my eyes. "No way. Chris is on the basketball team and it's the lacrosse team's fault we lost our powers. Couldn't they have their game another time." I wined. We began walking out the locker room. "Besides, I hate lacrosse. Nothing can make me transfer." I added.

Walking down the hall was a boy with black hair. "Woah.. Who is that?" I asked Tamora. "That's Mick Lawrence. He came here three days ago." She explained. He began walking towards us with a smile. "Oh my Cupid he's coming this way. What to do?" I nervously whispered. "Just act natural and you can't use that catch phrase anymore." She quickly whispered before putting on a smile. "Hey. I see you guys are cheerleaders." He said with a smile. My eyes widened. "How did you know?" I asked. Tamora laughed.

"Because we're wearing our cheer leading uniforms Patience." She said as if she was trying to break it down for me. Without my Cupid powers, i'm a wreck. I don't understand anything about love. "I'm Tamora and This is Patience." Tamora said. "I'm Mick. I just made the lacrosse team. Are you guys lacrosse cheerleaders?" He asked. "No we're actually-" Tamora began to say before I cut her off. "On our way to transfer from basketball to lacrosse. It's like my favorite sport." I said. He smiled. "Cool. So I guess I'll see you around Patience." He walked away causing me to smile. "And Tamora!" She angrily said.

"I still got it." I said with a smile. "What about Chris?" Tamora asked. I rolled my eyes as we continued walking. "It's Chris we're talking about. I'm pretty sure he won't mind." I responded. She shrugged her shoulders.
======================================================================================
MELINDA P. O. V
Wyatt was outside putting the last of his boxes in his car. It's going to be weird not having him around but I guess he had to move out eventually. I sat on the living room couch flipping through my science magazine when Wyatt walked in. "Crap!" He said. I placed the magazine down on the table in front of me. Mom and Dad walked in from the kitchen. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I locked my keys inside my car again." He said. "Again? How did you get it the first time?" Mom asked. "I would usually just orb right in or telekinetically unlock the car." He responded. I sighed as I reached into my pocket.

"I'll text Morgan." I said. "Morgan? Who's Morgan?" Dad asked. "Oh she's another Cross blood. A witch. She has infinite powers." I explained. A yellow glow started to form in the living room. Morgan was now standing in front of me. "Hey Mel. What do you need?" She asked. "My brother locked himself out of his car. Can you telekinetically open it?" I asked. She looked at Wyatt who had a smile on his face. She turned back towards me. "Dumbass?" She asked. "Mega dumbass." I corrected. She sighed. "Come with me." She told Wyatt. They walked out the door.

"Uh, Melinda, sweetie. I forgot to tell you something.." mom said grabbing my attention. "When I got captured by the Evo scientists, Dr. Davis said that they have one Cross blood that's trained to work for them.." She added. "And you think that Cross blood is Morgan?" I asked with my eyebrows pushed together. "There are way more Cross bloods out there." I added. "Honey i'm not saying she's the evil Cross blood.. but what do you really know about this girl?" She asked. "That's not fair. Morgan is completely innocent. A little reckless with her powers but aren't we all?" I said.

"Dad help!" I added. "Princess you said she has infinite witch powers already. I'm pretty sure that's as powerful as it gets." He said. "I- I guess your right." I sighed. "Seriously how do you do that?" Mom asked dad. Come to think of it, I don't even know Morgan that well. My eyes widened as I remembered what Courtney had said the night she left.

"When the time comes just remember to think cautious, not powerless."

Morgan could be the big threat Courtney was talking about. I'm going to have to do some investigating. It will be hard without my powers but I'll manage. I won't stop till I find out what Morgan is really hiding.