Chapter 31

We walked into a brightly lit store, there was an array of bright colours, plastered across the walls and within each tray in the cooler. Clusters of vibrant reds and even navy blue, and swirls of magenta and alabaster in a number various trays. I looked around, overwhelmed by the display of colour and joy. Each flavour had it's own decorations, fruit pieces here and there, a bit of cookie crumbles or bright shades of sauce drizzled over- as if they were bought straight from a rainbow. The shop itself was quaint, but it had a loud aesthetic- with bright pastel pinks, blues and purples all over the place.

I examined the various flavours- each one unique and and beckoning in its own way, there were bizarre flavours like Wildberry Lavender (which lived up to its name in the light spectrum by the way), Pear and Blue cheese, Pumpkin Stracciatella, and an orange tinged flavour with Honey and Rhubarb among many others. A few 'calmer' looking flavours were spread out around the cooler too, the classics, Vanilla, Caramel, Chocolate, Sour Cherry- and Earl grey tea?
Of course there were numerous flavours I had yet to lay my eyes on but Jimin nudged me back to reality.

"So, what do you want to eat?" He asked after breathing in through his teeth a little, "Oh, wait, you're treating me, go on, ask me what I want to eat!" He said while smiling smugly.
I chuckled a little at the ridiculous situation, "Go on dear, tell me, what flavour would you like to eat?" I said in a 'friendly' tone, as though I was talking to a little child- which, in essence, I sort of was, wasn't I?
He instantly began grinning and hopping about,
"Wee okay okay, I'm so excited, I want that one, the pretty blue one! ^^" He reached out and pointed towards a tray filled with an Azure blue ice-cream, the label on the little spike in the corner said it was called "B'dazzled Blue", which really doesn't sound like a flavour, but who am I to argue with a mini label? The ice cream was a cool blue, but it contained streaks of navy and little crumbs of dark brown and flecks of silver.

"Hi... Um, sir?" The Scooper-man had his back to us, he was washing something.
"Sir?" He can't hear me, uh awkward. I glanced at Jimin and nervously smiled and signalled to him.
He signalled back and mouthed the words 'What do you want me to do?', I nodded towards the Scooper-man and looked back and forth between the two men.
Eventually he let out a light laugh and rolled his eyes, "Hi, EXCUSE ME SIR." The middle-aged man turned around and smiled "OH Hi, sorry, didn't hear you guys." He nervously apologised, "How can I help you?".

I smiled back at the pale man, "Ah yes, could I get a- a B'dazzled Blue?" he reached for a tub, "How many scoops?" I looked at Jimin and he was 'discreetly' holding up three fingers and mouthing the number itself, I widened my eyes and looked at him, but he insisted, "Three. Three scoops please." I said in a strained tone and smiled at the man once more.
"Anything else?" The man asked as he poked a small plastic red spoon into Jimin's order.
"Yes please... can I get-" My eyes wandered over the countless flavours, I finally found my eyes drifting to a Pale pink, purple and cream concoction with small chunks of dark brown biscuit. "- Three scoops of Kitty kitty bang bang?- Yes, three of that. That's the one I want."
My eyes drifted back to Jimin, he was holding in his laughter this time, one hand over his mouth and the other over his stomach.
"What!?" I yelled while bursting out in laughter, "Go on, say it!".
The man serving us smiled but tried to hide it, he continued observing Jimin and I's exchange as he brought up our orders to the till.
"Nothing. Nothing." He took a deep breath, "THAT'S what your choosing?" he let out a light-hearted laugh.
"What's wrong with that? And it looks delicious so... AND WHAT KIND OF NAME IS B'DAZZLED BLUE?"
We collected our tubs, and I paid, the Scooper man then grinned at us "Aigo. What a cute young couple!" He said as he handed our ice creams to us, Jimin and I exchanged looks and smiled.
I'm not going to lie, it felt good after he said that about us, I don't know why, but it gave me a sense of satisfaction even though it made me a little nervous.