Chapter 46 - Yeol-Jin Couple

Jin-ah's POV

(NOTE: This scene happened before the meeting with the CEO. Scene from Chapter 43.)

"Yah! What are you doing with my phone?!" he stormed in. He's furious, very furious. I remained still.

"Give me that!" he snatched the phone from my hand.

"Y-you were going to meet-" I stuttered. He looked really furious that I couldn't even look straight to his blazing eyes and only set my eyes to the floor.

"It's none of your business." He cut me off without glancing at me. With a frown, he hastily checked his phone.

"W-what?!" I asked in disbelief. My head automatically shot up. Tears are starting to build up but I put my best effort of not letting it fall through my eyes.

I'm your wife.

I wanted to say those words.

"I said it's none of your busine-" he finally looked up to me and shock crossed his face.

"J-jin...Jin-ah..." sh*t! My tears fell. I hurriedly wiped them off my face. This is not right. He shouldn't have seen me like this.

"I'm your wife!" There I finally said it.

He stepped a little closer and tried to touch me but I didn't let him. I stepped back and turned my back on him. I need to calm myself first.

"I-Im sorry." He said after a few seconds of silence as he lightly put his hand on my shoulder.

I heaved a sigh and wiped off the remaining traces of tears off my face, trying to compose myself before I faced him back. I need to clear things up and try to accept everything he'll say after this.

"D-do you still... love her?" I looked straight thru his eyes. Though I already know the answer to that question. I still have to confirm it and let the answers come from him.

I thought he'll answer my question right away and admit it fast but I was wrong. He looked taken aback and immediately looked down to his feet.

A minute had passed and he still haven't answered my question. With his head down, he had a frown on his face like he's on a deep thought.

What's wrong with him? Can't he just answer it?

"Answer me." I commanded.

With that, he shot his head up and faced me with a serious expression which I rarely see from him.

"Yes I do. I always do. I never stopped... l-loving her."

Damn. It hurts... stupid Jin-ah! You already know it yet you still asked.

"Y-you... you should stop seeing her." I weakly said almost a whisper. I didn't face him this time instead my eyes were set on his chest.

"Tch. I'm not!"

"You were about to! And you better not start it." I raised my voice.

"You can't tell me to do that!"

"Don't forget that you're married to me Sungyeol!"

"Yes! You're my wife but that doesn't mean that you can intrude in everything that I do. I didn't even marry you out of Love! Our family wants this and I had no choice but to marry you. This is all for business and you know it! What concerns my heart doesn't concern you... so please."
It wasn't business for me...

"It's pure b-business...but you said y-you'll try."

You said you'll try... and I thought you would.

"Look... I said yes on this marriage because I thought I was certain that we both know and understand that it's purely for the sake of our family."

I thought you were giving us a chance.

"It is."

He took a deep breath and put his both hands on my face so he could clearly see me. His hands are warm and it felt just right. If not for the current situation, I would've blushed and my heart would probably flutter. I put my hands over his in return and have no other choice but to face him.

"Jin-ah, you already know who owns my heart from the very beginning and that's also a reason why I married you. I assumed that you would understand me and consider my current situation. You'll be okay with it, right?" He sincerely said. His eyes were pleading and I couldn't help but to give in. I couldn't say no specially if this concerns Sungyeol's happiness...

And now that I already learned to love him even more.

"I know. I-I'm s-sorry."

With that he pulled me in for a tight hug. I hugged him back and tried to hold back my tears.

"I promise to do the same. I'll also let you have your space. That way, we can both have our freedom from this marriage." He stated. I can sense the relief coming out from his voice. I nodded in return.

But I'll never have the freedom to love you.

"You can't still change the fact that you're married to me." I mockingly said. He softly chuckled and hugged me even more tighter. It made me smile.

"I'm aware of that, wifey~" He chuckled and I did the same.

Atleast I'd still get to hear you call me wifey.

He continued by softly whispering these words still tightly embracing me as he rocked me back and forth in a comforting way.

"Jin-ah, you've been a very good friend of mine for all these years. I hope we could still remain the same and stick to our friendship. Just give me the freedom to love her. That's all I ask from you. Please."

If this is the only way to make you stay in my life... For you, I will.

"Fine. If that's what makes you happy." We let go of each other and faced him with a weak smile.

Though it hurts 'cause I already love you, Yeol-ie.

"Thanks."

With a huge gummy smile written on his face, a very tight warm hug and a kiss to my cheeks... Lee Sungyeol sets my heart broken into tiny bits of pieces.

------------------
04-09-16

I thought that with short updates I can update regularly... hope I could!
Fighting! :))))

-inspiritcathy