Chapter 35

Naeun POV

“Tch… S-stop…Stop appearing in front of me… N-Naeun.” Myungsoo oppa mumbled. I felt my heart sank the moment he uttered those words. The least that I ever wanted to do now is to stop appearing in front of him. No. I can’t! But if that would soothe him then fine, I’ll stop appearing in front of you- Myungsoo oppa. Tears instantly escaped from my extremely puffy eyes that I gained from too much sobbing earlier. I guess it’s too late. He waited long enough and it’s time for him to break free from the past and move on.

“H-how can you possibly forget me entirely? Tch…You broke the-the promise yourself.” He uttered as tears were visibly flowing down his cheeks already.

Oppa… P-please d-don’t… don’t cry. How I wish to be in that place taking the pain instead of him. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry that I got into that accident… no, we got into that accident but you still managed to recover and tried to fulfill your…our promise. If only I recovered fully just how you did; if only I was determined enough to search for my past; if only I wasn’t a fool to believe on selfish people who only tricked me entirely in the end; If only I could turn back time and try my best so as to not let that accident happen ever. It is me indeed, the person who broke the promise.

“Hmmm…? M-my Naeun’s crying… N-no…no… don’t cry. Hush…” he said in a completely sweet tone pouting after. More like a baby asking and whining for something. I weakly smiled at the thought that he’s cute. I’m even thinking that Myungsoo oppa- being drank is the best. He gets cheery, loud, cute and… emotional. He reached for my cheeks and tried to wipe away my remaining tears. As if he never want to see me cry.

“I’m sorry oppa… I can’t stop appearing in front of you.” I weakly said.

“Oh? N-no… It’s alright… J-just don’t cry… Hmm?” he widened his eyes in shock, worry flashing on his face also giving me a tight hug. A warm hug that I once knew.

“Oppa you’re…you’re cute.”  I pulled away and wiped my own tears. I want to see his face.

“Hehehe… really?” his mood instantly changed. He looked very vulnerable as his cheeks flushed giving me a boyish shy smile. I had the urge to pinch his cheeks and so I did.

“Mmm…Don’t cry.” I nodded and cupped his handsome face.

“I won’t!” he enthusiastically shook his head.

I took a deep breath and examined him first. He’s wasted yet he still awesomely looks good. Also not forget to mention that his blabbering is really adorable. I never see him like this on normal days. It’s just my luck that such a cute baby’s drunk tonight.

“Let’s get you back to your room.” I grabbed his arm and put them around my shoulders for his support. I know he can still walk so I think I can guide him safely back to his room on my own without asking any help. But then he refused to stand up and took his arm off from my shoulders resting it on the counter instead.

“N-no… I need to drink more. I’m yet too far from my dreamland! I need this… I need to get drank so I can-“ He insisted and started avoiding my gaze. I furrowed my brows and cut him off before he could even finish his excuse.

“Oppa, you had enough already. You’re drunk!”

“N-no… it’s not enough!” he yelled and glared at me. I was stunned. After seeing me in a shock expression, he averted his gaze down as I remained my mouth shut.

“ I-I… I still can’t get…g-get you out of m-my head Naeun.” He said almost in a hushed tone this time.

That’s it. If he still insists on getting extremely drunk tonight, might as well join him. I took my seat to a stool next to him and grabbed his drink, taking it in one gulp. I grimaced at its taste. I’m not really into alcohol and I obviously don’t drink but I don’t care for tonight.