Chp.18

Rosie P.O.V

I decided to write my Aunt a letter since it was 5 and she wakes up at 8.

Dear Aunt Marcie,

          I'm not really good at writing goodbye letters because usually goodbye means I'm never coming back. So I'm just going to say see you in about three or two months. Tell Evelyn I'm sorry I didn't hang out with her a lot when she got back. Also tell you that I love her and that I'm going to miss her a lot. Don't worry I'll be in good hands with the Simpson family. I want to say thank you again for letting me in to stay with you guys. Well I must go because Alli is yelling at me to hurry up. I love you. See you later. xoxo

              Love Rosie 

"Rosie come on!" Alli ran into the kitchen almost making me draw a line across my note. "Okay okay sorry just wanted to tell my Aunt that I wasn't getting kidnapped." I chuckled lightly. "Well we all know Cody would love to do that."

"I would love to do what?" His voice made me and Alli jump. He grabbed my suitcase from the kitchen floor  as he chuckled at our response. "Uhh nothing Codes." I gave him a wink which made him blush a bit.  "Alli when is Ryan joining us?" We headed out my front door.

"Ryan's coming?" I was actually happy that my best guy friend was joining us. Ryan was like my brother and he's the only guy besides Cody I go to when I'm upset. "Yeah and uhh I think he's coming during the middle of the tour." She answered a smile tugging on her smile. Cody didn't have a problem with his best friend dating his younger sister. Alli and Ryan we're really happy with each other and that's what made Cody happy. I intertwined my fingers as Cody walked by the the bus door putting my suitcase on the door step.

I looked down at my fingers and noticed that something was missing. We stood by the back part of the bus as Cody and Alli spoke. I was looking at my index finger wondering what could be missing. I realized it was my dad's promise ring. "C'mon guys!" Angie said. "Wait I'll be right back!" I yelled otu as I ran into the house.

After about 5 seconds I heard Cody call my name. "Rosie?" Cody said as he ran after me. I ran into my room and searched for it in my jewelry box frantically. Once I found it tears and a smile started forming.

~Flashback~

I was sitting on my dad's hospital watching him breathing. My mom wanted to go get some food so she left to go find the hospital cafeteria. I was young but I wasn't that young to know what was going on. I knew my Daddy was going to die and never come back "Daddy?" I looked up at him tears threatening to fall. I didn't learn that he tried committing suicide until about a year after his death. "Yes baby girl?" I loved it when he called me baby girl it made me feel protected inside. He had tears slowly falling from his eyes, he didn't bother wiping them away.

I tried wiping them away but they always came back. I tried smiling but my heart hurt too much. "Why is God taking you away?" He started to put his hands in his face. It took him awhile to look at into my eyes. His eyes were filled with pain and guilt. "Sometimes God takes people away for a reason that people will never know until later in life. You'll see me again but before I go I want you to have something." I silently broke down in his words. The part that hurt me the most was that he knew he was going to die and he accepted it.

"What is it?" He took off his ring that his grandmother gave him before she passed away. "This is something to remember me by. Just know I will always be with you even if it isn't physical." He put it on my index finger trying to steady his hands. I flung my arms around his neck and started to break down in tears. I felt my mom's arms go around the both of us.

My dad turned to my mother, tears streaming down her face. "I am so sorry for making you beautiful girls go through this. I hope in the future you'll forgive me. I'm sorry I was always busy with work and that I couldn't see you as often. I love you so much lovely. Promise me you'll take care of our baby girl?" My mom nodded her head taking my fathers hand in hers. She loved it whenever he called her lovely or beautiful. He weakly leaned in and kissed my mom one last time.

He then turned towards me. "You're going to be a very wise and strong beautiful woman. Remember my love and my ring okay? It's going to help you through rough times okay?"  I nodded at his words; my tears choking me. I let out a few coughs trying to calm down the tears that have created a puddle on his hospital blanket. He kissed my head lightly.

All of the three of us sat there in silence enjoying our last moments together. It was filled with our shaky breathes and sniffling. My dad then took my mom's hand rubbing his thumb tenderly. "It's time."  He was ready to leave us and I didn't understand why. I knew that once they turned off this machine he would be in God's kingdom. "No daddy no! I love you!" I cried onto his chest never wanting to let go. I looked up into his glossy green eyes which were still filled with pain. I didn't want him to be in pain anymore.

I let go of my tight grasp and went off the bed. I stood by my mother hugging her side as she stroked my hair. "I love you daddy." I whispered. "I love you so much take good care of mommy." He weakly replied. 'I promise." I went out of the room not wanting to see them turn off the machine. My mom first put in this forced coma since he wanted to die in his sleep. That day was the worst memory I will always have to remember.

~Flashback Ends~

Cody P.O.V

I didn't know what made Rosie run off like that but I knew it had something to do with her fingers. I noticed how she stared intently at her index finger, thinking hard. "Where's Rosie going?" Tom asked invading my thoughts. "I don't know but hold on." I ran up after her yelling her name. I quietly ran up the stairs not wanting to wake up her family.

"Rosie?" She was staring at this ring with tears slowly falling down her cheeks. I hated to see her cry and I knew it has something to do with this ring. She was in this trance, not looking up at me, biting her lip holding in a sob. I walked over to her wrapping my arms around her stomach. She blinked rapidly wiping her tears away.

"S-sorry I did'nt mean to make you worry." She slipped the ring on her right index finger smiling. "If you don't mind me asking but who's ring is that?" She hesitated for a second. "It's my dad's promise ring. he gave it to me before he passed away." I felt bad for asking, I knew how she felt talking about him. "Sorry for asking." I murmured. She shook her head turning around so she was facing me. She hugged me tightly her arms slung over my neck. "It's fine you were going to find out about this ring someday." She pulled away kissing me lightly.

"That is sweet of you though wearing it everyday." He died when she was young and she never took of that ring unless she was sleeping of course. She smiled lightly. "Well we better get going or they might think were doing something else." I laughed, my family could be perverted at times. I nodded my head wrapping my arm around her waist. "Tour is going to be fantastic." I said as we walked out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cried while writing this chapter ok? This is probably the most saddest chapter I have ever written before.  Well I'm like a really cheesy and romantic kinda girl so yeah. But any way there is a Harry Styles look alike in my school. Trust me he is per-fect lol. Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter!<3 ~ Brianna xoxo