C h a p t e r 38 ✂

(Lets jump to the chase because I have so many upset and mad readers making comments on the last chapter... Well, best be happy now.

This chapter is inspired by Wolfgirl131610

Ok. This chapter is going to seem moderately long and will mostly be in your or Sans' POV. I hope this makes you feel any better about life as it is...)

(Your POV)

I crouched on the floor in pain where I was next to Sans' death bed. I held my pounding head in my hands. The pain. It was too much.

I looked lightly up to the shocked Alphys with worry. I started to get double vision and everything was going black.

Alphys goes to help me out of passing out but she was too late. My vision cleared and the pain stopped abruptly, preventing me from going out like a light. I lowered my hand from where I had layed it on my head.

I turned to Alphys who was kneeling next to me, making sure I was ok. "(Y-Y/N)! Are you feeling a-alright? Let me get y-you under a c-catscan... You were holding your head in p-pain where your t-tumor was!"

I sigh and agree to terms. I look at Papyrus, who couldn't stop staring in Sans' direction.

I feared the worst.

I turn quickly toward Sans and I was shocked.

He was sitting up in the bed, full of energy. He had undid his wrap on his chest and arms, only scar-like scratches lay in place of the once bleeding wounds. I also notice that he was looking strangely and in awe of something that lay glowing in his hands. I soon notice what it was.

It was his soul. It was the same blue as always, but something was different about it. It was mended and- what?!

A stripe of (F+S/C) (Favorite+Soul/Color) <-(they are the same thing...) streaked across the blue object; small branches overcoming some of the blue. (S/C) overcame about 1/3 of the blue.

Sans and papyrus both look at me in confusion. I stared back the same way.

After thinking, I decide to take my own out. My results came shockingly. My soul was (S/C), as always, but it had blue with it, also taking up a third of the heart.

(Sans' POV)

I couldn't believe what I felt. I felt stronger, more powerful, MORE DETERMINED. Determined to find out who sent Rebecca to kill me off. I feel power radiate from the soul I held in my hand, Papyrus doing the same. We both look at it with pure confusion.

It-it CHANGED! W-what made this happen?

I think about it for a bit. Being the son of a scientist I seem to know a lot. After a minute or so I figure it out a bit... It seems like she partially absorbed my soul and did the same... at the same time... Wait- Humans can't absorb souls, Can't they? I am still not entirely sure of my thesis yet, though...

I stare at (Y/N) in confusion, wondering how, and IF, she did it. She seemed to get the message and took her own soul out. My hypothesis seems to be correct. Wow, me sounding smart all of the sudden...

Her soul was like mine... Which had answered my question. I think a little more about it as she returned her soul back into her body. Gaster!Sans stared in disbelief at what he had seen unfold in front of his very eyes- er, eye sockets...

(Y/N) ans Alphys left for a catscan of (Y/N)'s tumor in the next room over and Papyrus and G!Sans stayed with me. Gaster!Sans decided to speak as he smiled:

"So... THAT just happened."

(Your POV)

(Time-skip for reasons...)

I had just finished my catscan and Alphys and I were now awaiting the results. I decided to go in Sans' room to wait for her to tell he if anything changed. Sans seemed to already to standing and moving around as he and G!Sans were annoying poor Paps and chasing him slowly around the cluttered lab.

(Sorry if this starts sounding a bit tacky...)

None of them seemed to have noticed I came in, because I accidentally started a fight between me and Sans as I startled him.

I saw Sans' eye glow blue before he noticed that it was me and it dispersed. Before I could respond, I felt warmth flicker in my own eye. I didn't think much of it, because the feeling was gone as fast as it came. Sans gave me a weird look before looking at the stats by himself. I quickly spared him so he could recover from shock. I didn't know what scared him though...

"(Y-Y/N)? I-I think that something serious happened when you touched mu soul..."

I cocked my head to the side. "What do you mean?"

"My HP wasn't suppose to be that high, and... and I think..." He sighed. "I think we now share-"

Before he could finish, Alphys burst into the room, almost knocking the door clean off it's hinges. "(Y-Y/N)! The t-tumor! It's GONE!"

(I END THERE! Sorry! Also, don't worry, I will try to type another small entry tonight before I go to bed. ENJOY, and I will see you all in the next chapter!)