(1) Freed x Reader ~ Trapped

Word Count: 570
(h/c): hair color
(m/t): Magic type

"Freeeeeeeeed!!"

An angry (h/c) haired mage screams at nobody in particular after finding herself stuck in a certain rune mage's rune trap.

(Y/n) was minding her own business, walking around the guild when she suddenly ran into something that seemed to be an invisible wall.

But when she looked up, runes were written all around her. She immediately knew she was stuck and had a very good idea as to which Mage had casted the letter magic.

Her husband Freed.

Right now, her husband is on a five day job, and won't be back for another two days. (Y/n)'s predicament isn't something the other guild members haven't seen. Freed is known for forgetting to remove the magic he casts for practice or out of boredom. The guild members have often found (Y/n) stuck in his runes and would get Freed to free her from whatever spell he had placed.

Being that she's stuck, (Y/n) experiments. She discovers that the rune Freed had casted allowed for objects or people to enter the area, but not leave. Levy tries to remove the magic, but she is unable to find the correct spell to do so.

Whenever (Y/n) needed food or other necessities, Mira tossed them into the rune. At night, Mira threw a blanket and pillow to the trapped (m/t) mage.

~Time Skip~

Freed returns early in the morning. He enters his home to find his wife absent from their bed.

Is she on a job? Maybe she's at the guild.

Deciding the latter, the green-haired mage sets off to the guild to find (Y/n).

Freed is greeted with silence and darkness upon entering the guild hall. Only the faint glow of purple runes shone in the pitch black building. When the lights were turn on, his eyes focus on a sleeping figure in the center of the room.

Soft snoring could be heard as Freed get closer.

"(Y/n)?!" Freed exclaims a bit too loud, making his wife stir. "She got stuck again," he mused while undoing the runes.

Gently, Freed picks (Y/n) up and carries her home. She subconsciously buries her face into his chest and inhales the smell of his cologne.

His face flushes at the action. No matter how long they've been married, even the slightest things like such would make Freed's face heat up and turn pink.

The two mages arrive at their home where Freed is left in a predicament. (Y/n) is asleep in his arms, but he has to use at least one hand to open the door. He reluctantly wakes (Y/n) up and sets her down on her feet.

Right when the door opens, a blur of (h/c) darts past Freed and makes a beeline for the bedroom.

"Beeedddd!!!!" All drowsiness seems to have left her for a split second.

Freed chuckles as (Y/n) changes and jumps under the sheets within the time it took for him to reach the doorway. He removes his coat and changes into a simple T-shirt and sweats before joining her.

(Y/n) quietly said, "Thank you, Freed. I love you," before resting her head on his shoulder.

"As do I, (Y/n)."

Sleep overcomes (Y/n) and Freed as they drift off in each other's arm, dreams taking over their consciousness.