(5) Loke x Cat!Reader ~ Jealous

Word Count: 766
(h/c): hair color

Meow

Lucy was walking home to her apartment when she heard faint meowing in an alleyway nearby. Walking towards the sound, she finds a little cat underneath an old newspaper.

"Awwwwwww! Look at you! You're such an adorable little kitty," she cooed while scooping up the (h/c) ball of fur.

The first thing Lucy notices is the matted and dirty fur along with the cat's visible rib cage.

"You must be hungry. Let's take you to my place and clean you up."

Lucy continues her journey home. This time, with a new friend she's found. While walking, she thinks about what her boyfriend, Loke aka Leo "the Lion", would think of the cat.

As she unlocked the door and stepped into the apartment, Lucy called out for her boyfriend.

"Loke! Loke, are you home?!"

A faint groan came from the orange-haired celestial spirit on the couch, answering her question. Lucy walks over and gently shakes him awake. Slowly, his eyes open.

"You should have slept on the bed if you're tired," Lucy says while still holding the cat in her arms.

"I know but-," he stops in the middle of his reply when he notices the cat. "Why do you have a cat in your arms?"

"I found her in an alley nearby. Look at how adorable she is! I couldn't just leave her there."

Loke sighs but says nothing. With Lucy being a mage, she won't have time to take care of a pet when she goes on jobs. She can't just leave it alone in the apartment. Bringing the cat with her isn't an option either.

He gets up and walks towards the kitchen, turning around to speak before disappearing behind the doorway. "Go take care of the cat while I make dinner."

Meow

Lucy pets the cat before walking towards her bathroom. She hums while plugging the up drain and drawing a mini bath for the cat in the sink. One the sink fills up to a reasonable amount, Lucy carefully places the cat in and waits for splashing or her to jump out.

"Eh?! You like baths?! Waaaaa. That makes my job so much easier!"

Meow

Soap is lathered onto her fur and scrubbed till all signs of mud and matting disappear. While being cleaned, the (h/c) cat flails her little paws, trying to swat at the bubbles. A tiny giggle is let out from Lucy.

"Silly kitty," she coos. "Alright! Your all clean."

A towel wraps around the small cat. As Lucy dries her, she tries to think of a name for her feline friend.

"Hhmm...You look like a (Y/n)."

Meow

"(Y/n) it is!"

~Time Skip~

Loke hasn't been happy about the new addition to the apartment. Ever since (Y/n) was taken in, Lucy has been fawning over her. 'What's so special about her? She gets more attention and affection than I do! She's just a cat,' Loke thought frustratedly.

Meow

He looks down to see (Y/n) pawing at his pant leg. She rubs her head against his leg and meows once more. Loke, who is reading, sets his book aside on a nearby table and stares at the cat.

"What do you want?" (Y/n) jumps into his lap and stares back at him. Their staring contest goes on for a couple of minutes. The little contest stops when (Y/n) gets up, places her two front paws on Loke's chest, and gently licks the tip of his nose.

Meow

"Hey!" Loke wipes his nose with a tissue and glares at the cat who's been stealing Lucy from him. Despite his aversion towards (Y/n), Loke couldn't help but laugh at her small act of affection. He scratches her behind the ears, earning a soft purr.

"You aren't so bad...I suppose," he murmurs to himself.

The two eventually fall asleep on the couch; Loke's hand on (Y/n)'s back and (Y/n) curled up, resting on his chest.

~Time Skip (3 hours later)~

The sun had set and Team Natsu, who was away for a two day job, has returned. A tired Celestial spirit mage trudges back to her apartment building. She knew of Loke's jealousy towards (Y/n) and purposely left him in the apartment with her in hopes of companionship forming.

Lucy unlocks her door and walks in to see a familiar fluffy (h/c) ball of fur asleep on top of her boyfriend's chest and his arm draped over her spine. She smiles at the sight before her.

Jealousy terminated.