(34) Mom!Cana x Child!Reader ~ Cookies N' Mead

Word Count: 2129
(f/c): favorite color
(f/a): favorite animal

Word Count: 2129(f/c): favorite color (f/a): favorite animal

Reference used for our lovely Child!Reader

Fairy Tail guild members bustle around the hall in jubilation as they prepare the large room for a birthday celebration. Guild members hang streamers from the balcony rails, blow up balloons and tie them to tables, the wind swaying them in the air from side-to-side, cook up delicious, kid-friendly treats to dump into mountainous piles on tables, and, most importantly - in the birthday girl's perspective - stack up a plethora of gifts along the walls of the guild.

Erza struggles to keep her hands off the beautiful, large, freshly-baked strawberry cake sitting out on the bar, waiting to cool before consumption. Mira spots Erza and tries her best to refrain from bursting into a fit of giggles. The white-haired bartender drags her cake-deprived, drooling friend away from the dessert as Natsu lights up five (f/c) candles, passing them on to someone with steadier hands to place them on top of the dessert's decorated surface.

"Wow," Lucy exclaims in awe as she wraps up the last present. Her hands move to pick up the gift, only for the item to be snatched away. "Hey! Natsu, give it back! That's not for you."

"So? I just wanna look at it," he whines, turning the colorful box around to inspect the wrapping paper. "What'd you put in there? It's so light."

"Wh-"

"Oh, I know! It's one of those girly bottles you have, right? You know, the ones with the sparkly water in it," Natsu interjects with his arms waving around animatedly in an attempt to get his idea across to the irked blonde.

"No," Lucy growls, trying to grab the gift from the dragon slayer's evading hands. "Those aren't even appropriate for a toddler!"

With one last attempt, Lucy lunges forward, launching her entire self at Nastu, only to crash to the ground with him. The gift tumbles to Gray's feet, prompting the man to pick it up. He cocks his head to the side as he takes in everything he can observe about the object.

"Do you even have anything in this?"

Lucy gasps in horror, clutching a hand over her heart with a hurt look on her face. Gray only raises an eyebrow and motions for her to further explain the situation.

"It is not empty! I put a lot of thought and time into making the gift for little (Y/n)," she proudly says, puffing her chest out with a grin. "There's no way she'll like a different present. Mine is the best!"

"How would you know? You don't even know what everyone else is giving her."

For a second, the blonde's shoulders slump on realization, but she remains optimistic and presses on with her boasting. The two men before her share skeptical glances at each other as she continues on a rant that explains, according to her self, why all the other gifts are not as special as her own.