(19) Laxus x Exceed!Reader ~ Just Too Adorable

Requested by @Anna_Ramriez_
Word Count: 1425
(h/c): hair color
(e/c): eye color

As a fun way to release his stress, Laxus decided to grab whichever job request that looks and take his (h/c) exceed, (Y/n), with him. It's as simple as that.

Grab a request.

Go to the given location.

Find out what's going on.

Take out all the stress on the enemy.

Easy as pie. At least, that's what Laxus thought when he and (Y/n) left the guild.

Not long after stepping off the train, the lightning dragon slayer and his exceed get lost. Miserably lost. Three hours have gone by since the duo arrived and they have yet to find the right location they need to go to. Laxus' sense of smell is no use since he has no idea what he's supposed to be smelling for.

The two look left and right for some kind of sign or passing traveler to get directions from, but find neither. (Y/n) has a moment of realization. She sprouts her little, white wings and flies high up into the clear blue sky. With the request paper in hand, (Y/n) looks back and fourth between it and the geography around her. A small group of cottages with a large cabin is spotted and matches the picture on the paper.

"Laxus! I found it," (Y/n) happily exclaims, flying down to her partner.

The blond mage ruffles the (h/c) fur on the exceed's small head and the two set off in the correct direction towards the village.

---

A middle aged man informs Laxus and (Y/n) about an unknown evil in a section of the woods near the village. He recalls incidents where the mystery evil had dragged villagers out of their homes and into the woods.

"Only one of them returned out of the many kidnappings we have had," the man explains, shuddering at the memory. "The village chief is the single survivor. He came back injured, but alive. We are very thankful for his survival."

"Then why were you the one who put out the job request? Shouldn't it have been him," Laxus questions with much curiosity.

"He is a very stubborn, old man," he says with a shake of his head," and believes that the spirits of the woods called for mythical, mysterious monsters to take him away as a test of his strength to be a chief. Asking for mages to deal with the mystery monsters is like asking for a mother to kill her child in his mind. He won't take action, so a group of villagers and I decided to."

Laxus and (Y/n) nod their heads in understanding and rise from their seat. Shaking hands with the villager, the mage and his exceed leave the small cottage and set off into the woods to find the "monsters."

---

Every little snapping or crunching noise that seems abnormal makes (Y/n) jump. Her tiny paws progressively grip tighter onto Laxus' large coat with each sound that Laxus doesn't make. The frightened exceed is sitting atop her partner's shoulder and absentmindedly kicks her small feet in an attempt to distract herself.

On accident, her foot smacks into Laxus' cheekbone. The man flinches at the sudden impact and looks at the exceed perched on his shoulder with a raised eyebrow. (Y/n) mumbles a quick sorry, but goes back to kicking her feet. Laxus catches on to her nervousness and gently pulls her off his shoulder and carries her like a father would with a small child. The (h/c) exceed immediately snuggles into his chest and hums in content. She's no longer afraid of the scary appearance and busies herself by playing with the fur lining of Laxus' coat.