(16) Laxus x Reader ~ She Still Cares

Requested by Kittykat5900 . Sorry for the delay in posts. School is tiring me out and writers block has coming and going.
Word count: 1780
(f/c): favorite color

She never stays around at the guild.

She never seems to care about anyone.

(Y/n) is known for being a lone wolf who goes on jobs by herself and is a powerful S-Class mage. The only people who can find her at the guild whenever she goes for a brief couple of minutes to choose another job request are Gildarts and Master Makarov. They've known her long enough to recognize her behavior when entering the guild. Not a single other mage cares about her departure or return.

Due to her lack of appearance at the guild, many assume that she doesn't care about the guild or the friendship the members share, believing that her only reason for joining Fairy Tail is to earn jewels.

That is not the case at all.

After watching her team die before her eyes, (Y/n) couldn't stand hanging around the guild. The guilt eats away at her hear every time she sees the guild members with their partners or group. Perfect friendships and trust makes (Y/n) recall the moments when she herself had such a relationship with her own team.

Makarov always asks her how she's been and if she's found a new partner of yet. Her answer stays the same each time and she has no plans on letting it change. Sometimes, she'd stay in a hidden part of the S-Class floor and watch the others from her small hiding place. Watching the guild members laughing and having fun is enough happiness for her, but a certain blond mage has always caught her attention.

Laxus Dreyar.

Grandson of Master Makarov.

Lightning dragon slayer.

The tough man has always peaked her interest and (Y/n) always watches him. She remembers him watching her practice as a young teen and especially recalls the look on his face when they were paired up by Makarov to take on a rabid beast. His eyes practically glowed as he watched her defeat the creature on her own.

Watching him interact with his team reminds her of her own team's unique personalities. Ever since she had found out about the Thunder Legion's formation and its members, (Y/n) has dedicated her free time to watching them. When they're on jobs, (Y/n) would stealthily follow the team from a distance and watch over them in case they would need assistance.

Laxus is unaware about (Y/n)'s spying and anything current about her in general. The only information he knows is based on rumors and gossip that circulate throughout the guild members. He has always been fond of (Y/n) since he last saw her in action, which was when he was only a young teen. The memory of watching his peer crush an enemy creature with little to no effort has left an imprint in his mind.

Unfortunately, as the years went by, (Y/n) became distant from the entire guild when her team passed in on their 100th S-Class job. The team chose a more difficult job than they usually picked to celebrate their accomplishments. Master Makarov had warned them about the danger and (Y/n) insisted on them choosing a less difficult request, but the teammates wouldn't have it. They stubbornly refused to listen to their Guild Master and teammate and kept the job.

The guild fell into a depression when their guild doors had opened and only (Y/n) trudged in. She collapsed shortly after entering and was immediately rushed into Magnolia Hospital for treatment. No words were needed to understand what had happened. When a guild member walks in without their team and a grim face that can wash away anyone's happy mood, it's a universal sign that no one else survived.