(24) Nauseous!Natsu x Reader ~ Train Rides + Dragon Slayer = Sickness

Requested by AIanlies21
A/N: I apologize for the extreme shortness of this one-shot. Yesterday, I was out of my house and in the sun from 7:30 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon. I finished writing this story last night before falling asleep from exhaustion, so please forgive me if there are mistakes! Now, I need to play catchup with my homework. I hope you enjoy reading this story while I work away in misery!
Word count: 605
(h/c): hair color

"I'm... going to be... sick," Natsu moans with both hands clasped over his mouth. His face is turning blue and his body has turned to jelly. Internally, the pink haired dragon slayer feels his stomach churning. "(Y/nnnnnnnn)," he whines," help me!"

The (h/c) haired girl's once taut lips turn into a soft smile. She sits up straight from her originally slouched position and slowly motions for the nauseous male to sit beside her. Natsu immediately gets up to sit next to (Y/n), but ends up flopping to the dirty, cold flooring of the train's car. A wavering whimper leaves the unmoving dragon slayer. His limbs twitch here and there, but Natsu remains face flat on the floor.

With a sigh, (Y/n) walks over to Natsu and helps him off the floor and into the seat. He slumps into his seat, but is stopped by a hand on his shoulder. Looking over, he sees (Y/n) smile at him. She gently pulls his shoulders and let's him lie his head on her lap. There is a noticeable shift in Natsu's body language once his head settles into the girl's lap. His once rigid and tense form is now relaxed. Small hands comb through his soft and fluffy pink hair.

Melodious humming echoes off the walls of the train car. (Y/n) gently sways her upper body from side to side in synchronization with her humming. The pink haired dragon slayer finds himself feeling sleepy as she continues to sing softly.

"Are you feeling tired, Natsu-san," (Y/n) whispers, her soft hums coming to a stop.

"Hnnnnn," is his only reply.

The (h/c) haired mage continues to run her fingers through Natsu's hair, only this time she tenderly massages his scalp. Natsu's body relaxes even more than before. All the nausea and dizziness from a few minutes ago leaves the dragon slayer's system completely, with the help of (Y/n), of course. Any signs of sickness is no longer detectable from Natsu. Color has returned to his one pale,  blue-ish face and he doesn't feel any vomit threatening to rise up his throat. Everything seems fine, thankfully.

As the train runs over its seemingly endless tracks, the small bumps and jolts now comfort Natsu instead of giving him nausea. In his mind, the movements remind him of the gentle rocking a baby would experience in her or her mother's arms. The humming from (Y/n) soothes the pink haired dragon slayers mind, lulling him to sleep.

"Go to sleep, Natsu-san. I'll be here when you wake up," (Y/n) coos, petting down his soft, wild hair.

In an instant, his eyes droops shut and his lips part, eliciting small snores. (Y/n) clamps a hand over her mouth to stifle her giggles of amusement. She can't help but fawn over the sleeping male in her lap, who looks completely adorable in her opinion.

"Why must you be so cute," (Y/n) murmurs, caressing his head in a loving manner. "I hope you feel better when you wake up, so sleep well, Natsu-san."