(15) Gajeel x Reader ~ Follow Me Everywhere

Requested by Kittykat5900 . Please point out the mistakes if there's any and I'll fix them.
Word count: 1655
(h/c): hair color
(f/s): favorite shampoo
(e/c): eye color

Every single day, no matter where he goes, (Y/n) always follows Gajeel around like a lost puppy. If he goes to sit in a dark corner, she'll trail right after him. If he goes on a job, (Y/n) is right beside him. When they went to destroy the Fairy Tail guild hall, she went with him and helped out. It never matters where, she always follows him unless if he goes somewhere where privacy is a must.

For a small, quiet girl, she's very powerful and strong. (Y/n) is the strongest mage in the Phantom Lord Guild. Only Gajeel, Bing the second strongest in the guild, dares to be anything but nice to her. He always comments rudely, ignores her, snaps at her, and screams at her. Despite being in a dark guild, all the other guild members never say anything in fear of (Y/n) hurting them. They all know and are used to her shy personality, but still stay on her good side for the sake of their health and well-being.

After destroying the Fairy Tail guild hall, Gajeel went off the pin Team Shadow Gear to a tree. (Y/n) was ordered to stay behind, so she was unable to follow the iron dragon slayer for once. Gajeel was able to get the job done without a the small girl following his every step. While Gajeel is dealing with the team of three, (Y/n) is assigned to be on the lookout for the Fairy Tail mages in cause they decide to attack.

As predicted, Fairy Tail comes to attack a few hours after Gajeel returns. (Y/n), once again, sticks by Gajeel and rights by his side the entire time. During the brawl between Gajeel and Natsu, (Y/n) fought together with Gajeel even though he kept pushing her aside. Team Natsu, who's beaten up and on the side watching, notice his harsh attitude towards the small girl and are confused as to why he'd push away help from his own guild.

The battle ending with Natsu walking away as the winner. Gajeel goes off to a metal scrap yard and stays there. (Y/n) gives up trying to follow him, even though it's easy for her, being a powerful ice dragon slayer. She leaves him alone after he cursed at her and called her many horrible, unmentionable names.

After wandering aimlessly for days, Makarov approaches her with a proposition. He offers for her to join his guild and experience what it's like to have a family that cares for one another. (Y/n) is reluctant to say yes and opts to stay silent. Makarov explains how he saw how Gajeel treats her and goes into detail about how Fairy Tail guild members treat each other. The offer becomes more tempting and (Y/n) finally agrees. In exchange, (Y/n) must change her ways and mustn't hurt others who are innocent.

Overtime, Fairy Tail learns about (Y/n)'s past and are told by (Y/n) herself about how the Phantom Lord Guild Master blackmailed her into joining the dark guild. Ever since, she had followed Gajeel in hopes of an improves life with the fellow dragon slayer. Her hopes were crushed when the first words from him to her were nothing but insults and horrible names.

Now, Natsu and Gray have become her role models and she looks up to them for advice. Gajeel had been recruited into the guild as well, but (Y/n) completely ignores him after learning from her mistakes. She vows not to follow the verbally abusive man who has done nothing but bully her.

Gray teaches the young woman about ice make magic and instructs her in the same manner as Ul had taught him and Lyon. Every day, they'd set off for the mountains, strip down to their undergarments, then train for several hours until the sun sets. Today, he and (Y/n) come in with their clothes hanging on the arms and sweat dripping down their faces after a long day of running from the snowy mountains to the guild. They pull their clothes back on quickly and sit at the bar for an ice-cold drink.

For an unknown reason, Gajeel feels a bubbling anger as he watches (Y/n) and Gray laughing together at the bar. He shakes his head from the thoughts and tries to concentrate on something else when he hears a loud crash and cracking noise. He looks up to see Gray fuming and Natsu trying to slip away from the guild unnoticed. The two polar opposites begin to fight, but are stopped by (Y/n) instead of Erza. More anger courses through his veins as (Y/n) separates to the males and they swing their arms around her shoulders.

Natsu, Gray, and (Y/n) walk out of the guild to train together and Gajeel can't seem to control his emotions. He slams a fist down on the table in front of him, smashing it to pieces. The destruction causes many guild members to stare at him and question his behavior. The male waves them off and walks over to take a seat at the bar. After many minutes of contemplation, Gajeel decides to order a drink and ask Mirajane Strauss for help.

The white haired mage places a drink in front of the iron dragon slayer and coaxes the question out of him. He explains the odd feelings and rushes of emotions he has whenever he sees (Y/n) with Natsu or Gray. Mira patiently listens to Gajeel and taken in all of the information he tells her. She puts the pieces together and giggles at the male's ignorance.

Gajeel denies having any sort of romantic feelings for the (h/c) haired mage and tries to get Mira off his back. She keeps pestering him and talks to him in a singsong voice until he admits to her. A few minutes of silence from the black haired man goes by until her begrudgingly admits to caring for and loving (Y/n). Mira jumps up and down cheering that her ship will be sailing soon. All the other guild members in the hall stare at her and wonder which one of her pairings is she going to be pushing to bring together.

While Mira is busy dreaming up events that will bring together her ship, Gajeel slips out of the guild in search for (Y/n) or the two males she left with. He follows their scent with his enhanced sense of smell and wallows in pity about how he had treated (Y/n). When they were in the Phantom Lord Guild, Gajeel was so focused with work and his reputation as a tough dragon slayer, he was ignorant of (Y/n)'s feelings and her own reputation. Treating her the way he did was anything but acceptable and most likely hurt her more than he realized.

A light scent of (f/s) catches the iron dragon slayer's attention and snaps him out of his thoughts. He breaks into a sprint and hurriedly rushes over to the area where (Y/n) is in. Turning around at a corner, Gajeel stops when he sees the three mages he's been looking for in a tangled mess of limbs. The three are sparring in hand to hand combat and have somehow managed to get twisted around each other's arms and legs.

Raising an eyebrow, Gajeel stares at the tangled mages and lets out a puff of air in annoyance. A pair of (e/c) irises look up upon hearing heavy footsteps and recognizes the pair of black boots lined with iron. She huffs out a quiet 'go away' and turns away from his gaze. Gray and Natsu look up from the ground to see Gajeel and stare at him for a while. The three eventually untangle themselves and Natsu straightens out his clothes while Gray and (Y/n) put theirs back on.

Gajeel beckons for Natsu to come closer and whispers in his ear. The pink haired boy glares at the taller male briefly before nodding and grabbing Gray to run back to the guild. Now, Gajeel is left alone with (Y/n) on the training field. He awkwardly shifts his feet and stares at the ground beneath him. (Y/n) emerges from behind a rock, fully dressed in her shirt and jeans, to see only Gajeel and nobody else. She opens her mouth to ask where the two boys had gone to when Gajeel suddenly runs up to her and pulls her into a bone-crushing hug.

Hundreds of apologies spew from his mouth as Gajeel rambles on and on about his mistakes and begs for (Y/n) to forgive him. (Y/n) giggles softly and wraps her significantly smaller arms around him and presses her head against his chest. The sudden return of affection catches Gajeel off guard, but he doesn't mind it one bit.

Remembering why he came, Gajeel gently pulls away from (Y/n) and looks her in the eye. He takes in a deep breath and blurts out the three words of affection that everybody wants to hear. (Y/n) freezes up and blinks several times. She has never thought that Gajeel of all people would say those words to her.

The black haired male bits his lip and prepares for a heart-shattering rejection, but only feels a pair of soft lips on his cheek. He looks down to see (Y/n) blushing profusely and her face could put Natsu's hair to shame. Chuckling at her shyness, Gajeel ruffles up her hair and leans down to kiss her cheek as well.

"I'd love for you to follow me everywhere, (Y/n)."