(2) Frosch x Exceed!Reader ~ Lost

Originally a separate one-shot, but I decided to include a copy of it in this book.
Requested by Kittykat5900
Word count: 981
(f/c): favorite color
(f/a): favorite animal
(e/c): eye color
(h/c): hair color

The morning sun brightens up Fiore as two dragon slayers and their exceeds walk through a dense forest. The dragon slayers, Rouge and Sting, chat amongst themselves quietly while their exceed companions, Frosch and Lector, linger behind them.

Lector begins to rant about how Sabertooth's mages are stronger than Fairy Tail's mages. His constant boasting gets to the point where Frosch just nods in agreement despite having with no idea what is coming out of his arrogant friend's mouth.

While letting the crimson cat ramble on, Frosch's eyes wander around and take in the lush greenery around him. Eventually, the group walk out of the forest and begin their journey through the city of Magnolia.

The busy townspeople pay no attention to the traveling mages and their exceeds, pushing through the crowds to get to their own destinations. Being taller than their exceeds, Rouge and Sting push through the crowd of bustling people fairly easily. Lector and Frosch struggle to get through the sea of legs. They don't want to fly throughout their journey and end up becoming tired. But despite the struggles to walk through the crowd, Lector still talks.

In the midst of his belittling of Fairy Tail, Lector notices that Frosch is no longer besides him. Looking around, he realizes that Frosch is no where to be seen. The green exceed had gotten swept away from the group long before Lector took notice.

Feeling frightened and intimidated by the jostling people that can potentially step on him, Frosch tries to find his companions. Twenty minutes pass, and he begins to lose hope. The exceed's stomach growls, crying for food. Frosch runs into a small alleyway and begins to weep.

Meanwhile at a nearby street, a female exceed hums happily to herself with a fish in her little paws. Her small body is wrapped up in a adorable little (f/c) (f/a)-like suit. Only her face showed through under the suit's hood.

The crying attracts her towards the alleyway where she spots an another exceed. She notices that the green exceed has a pink frog-like suit similar to her to her own of a (f/a). She slowly approaches the cat.

"Hello. Why are you crying? Are you hurt?" Her soft, timid voice catches Frosch's attention. He looks up to see that the voice belongs to a female exceed.

Frosch whimpers, "Frosh is lost..."

"I'm (Y/n)." (Y/n) finds it odd that Frosch speaks in the third person, but doesn't judge him. Frosch nods, but continues to cry. Being the kind exceed she is, (Y/n) comforts him.

"I'll help you find your friends! Don't be sad...Do you want my fish?" She offers him the untouched fish she had yet to eat.

"Frosch isn't really hungry." As soon as the response leaves Frosch's mouth, his stomach growls loudly.

(Y/n) giggles and puts the fish in his hands.

"Silly. You are hungry! Take it. I can always ask for more."

He gives her a grateful smile and instantly begins to eat. She giggles while watching the hungry Frosch wolf down the fresh fish Laxus had given her.

'He's adorable...Maybe Laxus can help find his friends,' She thought. Just as she was about to suggest her friend's help, a deep voice calls her name.

"(Y/n)! Where are you (Y/n)?!"

"Laxuuusss!" The little exceed darted over to the blond dragon slayer who called for her. Tiny arms wrapped around Laxus'  leg and big (e/c) orbs looked into his grey ones.

"Don't just run off like that! You could've gotten lost!" Laxus gently scolded (Y/n) while picking her up into his arms like one would do to a child.

"I'm sorry.....But speaking of getting lost, there's another exceed I met named Frosch. He's lost and needs help finding his friends. Can we help him? Please!"

"Sure."

"Yaaayyy!" (Y/n) hugs his neck, hops down to the ground, then proceeds to lead him to where she found Frosch.

"Frosch! This is my partner Laxus! He agreed to help find your friends!"

Frosch smiles a hugs his new friend. Laxus can't help but smile as well.

Picking up the two exceeds, Laxus brings them both to the Fairy Tail guild. He talks to Master Makarov before setting off to help find Frosch's group of friends.

Laxus uses his heightened sense of smell to find the two dragon slayers and exceed.

~Time Skip~

After an hour, Laxus' nose brings him and the two exceeds to a small tavern. The three enter the dimly lit establishment to find the two dragon slayers and exceeds Frosch is looking for.

Frosch jumps out of Laxus' arms and latches onto Rouge.

"Huh?!"

A surprised Rouge turns his head to see his - once lost - exceed attached to his back.

"Frosch! Where were you! I thought I lost you!"

"Frosch got lost...Frosch's new friends helped find you!"

Rouge turns around completely to see a familiar blond dragon slayer with a (h/c) exceed in his arms.

"Laxus?"

"Rouge."

The two dragon slayers silently stare at each other, forgetting that the three exceeds and other dragon slayer are still present. Eventually, they stop staring and the three dragon slayers talk while their exceeds conversed to among themselves.

~Epilogue~

Years had passed since the day (Y/n) had met Frosch. The two saw each other more and more often. Their meetings ranged from just hanging out and talking to eating fish together. Rouge and Laxus became closer friends. They'd talk together while their exceeds had their little get-togethers.

Eventually, the beautiful friendship between the two exceeds blossomed into something much more.