(7) Natsu x Reader ~ Not All Fire Is Bad

Plot requested by Kittykat5900 This took much longer than necessary for me to write. My sincerest apologies! Writers block is not something that comes upon me often.
Word Count: 1865
(h/c): hair color
(m/t): Magic type

The shines brightly as a nine year old Laxus Dreyar wanders around the city of Magnolia. He curiously walks in and out of nearby shops. Sweet aromas drift out from several sources, attracting the young dragon slayer's attention.

Just as he's about to walk into the aromatic shop a blur of (h/c) rushes past, nearly knocking him down. A soft 'oof ' comes from the smaller being that had run into Laxus. Said boy looks down and sees a small girl. Her clothes are burnt and her skin is covered in ashes.  Before he can ask the younger girl if she's okay, her body collapses to the ground.

Panic and worry washes over Laxus. He picks up the little girl and immediately runs to the guild. 'Maybe Gramps can help,' he worriedly thought.

~Time Skip~ At the guild hall

Laxus holds the small (h/c) haired girl to him as he ducks past airborne tables and the occasional guild member as he snakes his way towards his grandfather.

"Gramps!"

"Laxus," Makarov greets Laxus, and notices the younger child in his grandson's arms. "Who's that?"

"I dunno," he replied. "She ran into me while I was walking around the shops. Collapsed right before I could say anything."

The guild master nods, understanding, and leads Laxus and the unknown girl to the guild's infirmary.

~Time Skip~ 13 Years Later

After running into Laxus, Makarov had helped to treat (Y/n)'s wounds. Despite the medical treatment, a large burn was unable to be treated. (Y/n) wears a large coat (similar to Gray's) and long sleeves to hide the burn mark.

The two Dreyars learned that day that a dark guild had invaded and destroyed her town, which was the explanation for the burns. They also discovered something else. (Y/n) is deaf. A curse has been placed on her, but the spell to reverse it has yet to be discovered. Makarov saw potential in (Y/n) and decided to take her in as his granddaughter, which made Laxus happy to have a little sister.

Now, (Y/n) Dreyar is well known to all of Fairy Tail and the majority of Fiore's inhabitants. When she turned sixteen, Laxus had invited her to be a part of the Thunder Legion. She gladly accepted and is currently known to be one of the strongest mages in Fairy Tail.

(Y/n)'s past is unknown to everyone except Laxus and Makarov. Since she's not one to talk much, as well as her brother always being by her side, none of the guild members are aware of her deafness. They all assume that the (m/t) mage is extremely shy and never think much about it. All except a certain pink-haired male.

Natsu.

"(Y/N) FIGHT ME!!!!"

Being unable to hear him, she doesn't respond. A frown forms on Natsu's face. (Y/n) has been ignoring him for a long time. Not once has she uttered a single word to anyone, yet Laxus seems to completely understand and doesn't say anything about it. It's frustrating for Natsu.