(10) Gray x Strauss!Reader ~ Wait!

Plot requested by Kittykat5900
Word Count: 2478
(f/c): favorite color
'...': thoughts

"C'mon guys, let's go!!"

A blur of pink zips out the guild doors. Natsu can barely contain his excitement and tries to rush his team out the door. He had chosen a job request that peaked his interest and his teammates are really hyped up for it as well.

"Natsu! Can you just wait for five minutes! You literally just chose the job fifteen minutes ago. We have to pack our essentials," Lucy scolds the impatient male while sitting on her travel bag in an attempt to keep it shut. She's the only one left to finish packing and is trying to speed up the process.

"Relax, Natsu. The job can wait for a while. Let everyone get ready." Erza, who already has her large wagon of belongs packed and ready to go, holds on to Natsu's scarf to keep him in place.

"Yea flame-brain, relax," Gray teases. Natsu growls lowly and takes a step to fight him, but Erza is still holding onto him with an iron grip. Gray looks around Lucy's apartment and sees two white-haired twins on Lucy's couch. A slight blush appears on his cheeks as he watches the youngest twin, who is is best friend, talk animatedly to her brother. Her personality had caught his attention ever since he met her, and he found himself falling for her.

Elfman and his younger twin sister (Y/n) are completing the job alongside Team Natsu upon Gray's request. The job requests for six mages to help and Team Natsu, not counting Happy since he's an exceed, only consists of four people. At first, Natsu was going to invite Lissana and Elfman to join, but Gray suggested that (Y/n) would be a better choice than Lissana since she's stronger than Elfman. Erza agreed with him, which explains the current presence of the the Strauss twins.

"Elf-nii!! You messed up my hair!" (Y/n) pouts cutely while trying to untangle her hair that her brother had playfully ruffled. Said brother got up and began to tickle his twin, causing bursts of giggles and laughter. (Y/n) eventually slips away from Elfman and hides behind Gray. Her small hands grip Gray's shoulders lightly as she turns him to shield herself from her brother's tickling.

The small playful fight comes to an end when Lucy comes out, dragging a fat bag behind her. Elfman walks over to the couch and picks up his bag, along with his sister's, and heads out the door. Erza finally lets go of Natsu to drag her wagon and Natsu grabs a snacking Happy off the kitchen counter. Gray slings his bag onto his shoulders and gently pulls (Y/n) out of Lucy's apartment.

~Time Skip~

An hour is spent, wandering from house to house until the group finally finds the correct house belonging to man who requested for them. Natsu runs up to the door and bashes his fist against the wood. A small, elderly man opens the door and asks to see the group's guild marks. One by one, they reveal their marked skin until the man nods approvingly. He opens the door wider and invites them inside.

The team sits in vacant seats across from the man while he explains in detail about the job. He explains to them about the history of attacks his village has suffered from and how the monsters come at night to grab their children, who are never seen again. (Y/n) shyly clings to Elfman's forearm, the only part of his arm she can reach, and listens intently to the horrific story the old man retells.

By the end of the explanation, the sun had already set. Erza thanks the old man and tells him that they'll start right away. She splits the group into pairs to patrol the village.