(43) Gray x Reader ~ A Little Gift To Us

A/N: Fluff!
I apologize for the slower-than-usual posts. There are a lot of important things going on right now that demand my attention. Gomen'nasai. ごめんなさい。
Word Count: 1560

Skipping down the town's cobblestone path, (Y/n) smiles joyfully while clutching a small piece of parchment in her hand. She can barely contain her excitement as she passes the street vendors' stalls, sparing little attention when they shout out various forms of baiting advertisement to any passerby in sight.

After a visit to a family friend to confirm her suspicions, all that is left is for (Y/n) to spread the newfound information. Several different ideas bounce around in (Y/n)'s head as her mind battles for a single idea to claim victory, but they all are thrown aside when (Y/n)'s eyes spot a small, pastel-blue gift box resting on the shelf of a small shoppe. The young woman immediately deviates from her original path to the guild in order to snatch the box from its perch and purchase it. 

Once the container leaves the shoppe owner's hands, she places the paper she has been clutching onto inside, closing the box and sealing it with a complementary ribbon. She checks several times to ensure the safety of the box within her satchel before returning to the stone walkway, her feet falling into the familiar rhythm as prior.

"I can't wait to see the look on his face," she giggles to herself. "He'll be so happy!"

---

Meanwhile, the Fairy Tail guild hall is buzzing with adrenaline. The pieces of furniture that once rested flat and stationary on the hardwood flooring are now airborne, thrown across the hall by several members of the guild as a weapons, many smashing into hazardously-sharp chunks of wood.

Master Makarov is away from the hall, having been requested by a fellow guild master to assist with a troubling decision. As a last minute, rushed decision, Makarov asked for a single guild member, who happened to be one of the only few present in the room at the time, to take change and oversee the day's activities: Elfman.

"If you are a Man, fight with your fists, not tables and chairs!"

From the sidelines, which were formed by the mass destruction the guild hall's formerly intact furniture, other mages either watch the two combatants or wander off into a corner to shake their heads in exasperation. Natsu and Gray, the two engaged in battle, growl out insults as they throw punches and cast spells, throwing an occasional chair when the other is too distracted to observe the action.

"What in the name of Mavis is going on in here," Makarov bellows out from the entrance of the guild hall, (Y/n) following in tow with a look of disbelief.

"Gray, what do you think you're doing?!"

Both of the young males duck their heads in shame, seeing it useless to fault each other for their actions. Looking around the large room, they soon see the destruction left behind from their careless, arrogant behavior. At a loss for words, Gray flashes a sheepish smile at (Y/n) while scratching the back of his neck.

"Sorry, (Y/n)... We got a little carried away with our argument. I know I promised to you that I will stop getting into these violent fights with Natsu, but this one was completely accidental, I swear!"

"Oh? Then why do I keep getting the same response every time a fight breaks out? This has got to stop."

Gray winces at the tone of his beloved's voice, both arms twisting behind his back as he approaches her warily. Several tufts of his dark hair still burning from his encounters against Natsu. (Y/n) extinguishes the small flames between her fingers and sighs defeatedly. The fact that Gray and Natsu are polar opposites will never change, seeing as one holds the element of fire and the other ice, so the likelihood of the duo living in complete harmony and unity is the equivalent of hoping a candle will remain burning when water douses its flames. If anything, Gray and Natsu will most likely fight even in their deathbeds. There is no stopping them.