(9) Sting x Clive!Reader ~ Regrets

Inspired by Kittykat5900
Word Count: 2080

(Y/n) Clive.

Little sister of Gildarts Clive.

Girlfriend of Sting Eucliffe.

She is well known mage in Magnolia. Tying in first with her brother, (Y/n) is considered the strongest mage within Fairy Tail. Sting always brags about dating Fairy Tail's strongest mage. (Y/n) isn't too fond of his bragging, being a modest woman who refuses to discuss her strength or rank amongst her fellow guild members and other mages.

Despite Sting's pride, he is always complaining.

(Y/n) is rarely around at the Fairy Tail guild, Sabertooth guild, home, or within a ten mile radius of her apartment. Being an S-Class mage, she is always taking jobs that require her to take several days or longer to complete. And when (Y/n) is home, she's usually exhausted and drained from the job she's just come back from.

Before starting their relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend, (Y/n) had told Sting about the lengthy jobs she takes. He had said that he's okay with her to doing so. Being a guild master takes up a lot of his own time and he's always spending late nights in his office at the Sabertooth guild hall to finish paperwork.

As time goes by, Sting seems to forget his consent about (Y/n)'s time-consuming jobs. His pent up anger and frustration towards her continues to grow.

One day, he finally snaps.

"YOU'RE ALWAYS AWAY ON JOBS. YOU NEVER COME BACK FOR A WEEK IF I'M LUCKY!"

"Sting, you agreed that with the routine that I can leave for longer periods of time for jobs."

(Y/n) is trying to keep a cool head and stay calm. This isn't the first time she's had an argument with her boyfriend, but the frequency of her taking jobs had never been the subject of argument. Until now.

"DON'T GIVE ME THAT EXCUSE! WHILE I'M STAYING HERE IN THE CITY WORKING HARD TO GET JEWELS SO WE CAN GET AN APARTMENT TOGETHER, YOU'RE A HUNDRED MILES AWAY DOING JOB REQUESTS AND HAVING A GOOD TIME AFTERWARDS!"

"I know you're working had, Sting, but I have to be able to pay the rent for my apartment for the time being until we can get a large enough apartment for the both of us. My landlord is constantly raising the rent price and it's hard to find S-Class job requests that don't require more than a couple of weeks to complete. I can't-"

Sting's face is red with anger. He doesn't try to calm down and in the heat of the moment, he does something he'd normally never do.

Smack

A loud noise from the magic-fueled slap resonates through the apartment as (Y/n) head jerks to her right from the force of Sting's hand. Her eyes widen as she brings her hand over to her now reddening cheek. In the four years they've been dating, their arguments never got physical. Their arguments most definitely never involved the use of magic. Sure, he might have broken a vase or two, but that didn't harm anybody.

Slowly, she backs away from him. Despite being tied with her brother as Fairy Tail's strongest mage, (Y/n) refuses to hurt anybody without a good reason.