(14) Erik x Reader ~ Little Snake Prince

Word Count: 1362
(e/t): element type
(e/c): eye color
(f/c): favorite color

Past all the towns and civilization, a wooden cabin housing a family of four hides behind the thick brush of the forest it resides in. Nobody except the the family themselves knows about the home. The small family has been living in the forest for nearly a decade and has yet to come across any problems or other people.

Erik, formerly known as Cobra, is the man of the house and is a poison dragon slayer and possesses sound magic. (Y/n) is his wife, a strong woman who is a (e/t) dragon slayer and a mother of one. Six years ago, she gave birth to their son Draco, who is a bubbly young boy with crimson hair like his father and (e/c) irises like his mother. The boy also got his father's tanned skin and snake-like features: prominent canines, slanted eyes, and a rather flat nose. Cubellios, a large serpent with violet scales, a light colored underside and green eyes with black pupils, is also considered part of the family. She is the family's protector, Draco's friend and babysitter, and their other "child" in the family.

At the crack of dawn, Erik quietly slips out of bed to gather wood, food, and other necessities for survival. He leaves Cubellios with his wife and child to ensure their safety while they sleep. The gathering process takes no more than two hours and allows Erik to slip back into the bed before the rest his family awakens. He falls asleep quickly and slips into a peaceful dream.

The morning is quiet, excluding the melodic chirping of the birds and other sounds of nature, but doesn't stay that way for long. Wide awake and restless, Draco jumps out of his bed and tip-toes down the hall to his parents room. He slowly turns the brass knob and gently pushes the door open. Through the small crack between the door and wall, Draco spots a huge lump in the bed, telling him that his mom and dad are still fast asleep.

Cubellios lifts her head from her little pillow to find Draco peeping into Erik and (Y/n)'s room. She slithers over to the young boy and rests her head on his small shoulder. The boy jumps and nearly slams his parents' bedroom door shut. He giggles softly at the snake's cuddly behavior and pets her large head. After a couple minutes, Cubellios gives the crimson haired boy a nudge on the cheek before slithering back to his room to sleep.

Draco gently closes the door to his room before racing back to his parents' room. He opens the door all the way and slowly walks over to the foot of the bed. He carefully climbs up the wooded chest at on the foot of the bed and sits there. Cuddled up beneath the sheets, (Y/n) and Erik are curled up together in a deep sleep and unaware of their son, who has a mischievous twinkle in his eye. (Y/n) stirs, burying her face in her husband's shoulder, but doesn't awaken. Erik unconsciously hugs her tighter and nuzzles into her hair.

The boy smiles at his sleeping parents and decides that he wants to be in the middle of the warmth and cuddling. With a small giggle, Draco stands up and dives into the bed and on top of his parents with a loud scream. The silence is broken abruptly and the sudden weight crushing the couple awakens them. They shoot up immediately, thinking that there's some kind of threat. Their hearts are beating rapidly in their chests as they try to calmly catch their breath, realizing the only threat was being crushed by their son.

Loud, high-pitched squeals erupt from the couple's room and wake up the sleeping serpent a few rooms down. She shakes her head and slithers over to see Draco being tickled by both his parents and unable to get away from them. She curls up on the wood chest at the foot of the bed and happily watches the three humans she loves having fun. Unexpectedly, Draco latches onto Cubellios and hugs her scaly body. His laughter has reduced to soft giggles and his heart is hammering in his chest from all the excitement.

Erik and (Y/n) lean against the headboard as they watch Draco and Cubellios cuddle at the end of the bed. Neither of them interrupt the small child and large snake playing around. Draco ends up finding one of (Y/n)'s old scarves and ties it around Cubellios in a bow. His face scrunched up in an adorable way as he concentrates on trying to tie the pink cloth correctly. Admitting defeat, Draco holds up the scarf in front of his mom and asks for help.

(Y/n) chuckles and crawls over the the snake and her son. Cubellios slithers over into her lap and allows the woman to show Draco how to tie a bow. He cheers happily after the scarf is comfortably wrapped around the snake where her "neck" would be. Cubellios licks the boy's face affectionately and lies her head in his lap. Draco pets her head and whispers to the serpent with each stroke of his hand. Erik smiles when he hears the thoughts going through his son's mind.

Having no other human friends in the forest, Draco has been very close to Cubellios since he was born. She has always been around him and took care of him when (Y/n) and Erik had to go into town for emergencies. The two are always playing together and it has given Draco a love for snakes.

(Y/n) and Erik figure that Cubellios will eventually get too big to slither around in their small cabin and Draco's room. Erik has been working on a separate room attached to the cabin for Cubellios to sleep in with a doorway for her to get into the house. The female snake has been assisting Erik with the constructing and fully approves of it.

While (Y/n) is cooking and Erik and Cubellios are building, Draco explores around in a ten feet radius around the house. He digs through bushes and climbs up trees. While digging through a large bush, Draco finds a pair of small snakes. They're only a foot long and have (f/c) scales. Draco runs out the bushes and over to his dad to show him his new discovery. Erik congratulates the young boy and ruffles his hair. Cubellios nods her head in a proud manner and licks his cheek.

"Mommy! Mommy look what I found!! Mommy look," Draco screams as he runs into the kitchen. He skids to a stop and lifts his arms to show the snakes entwined on his skinny little limbs.

"Oh? Where'd you find these two beauties," (Y/n) coos, petting the snakes.

"In the bushes over there," the crimson haired boy beams while pointing off into a random direction.

A soft smile emerges on her face and she ruffles her son's hair and pulls him into a hug. She's proud of her son's discovery. (Y/n) ushers him out of the kitchen and continues with her cooking while Draco dashes off into his room to play with his two new friends.

~Time Skip~

Night has fallen and (Y/n) has just finished cooking dinner. Erik and Cubellios come into the house and both plop onto the couch, tired from all the construction work. (Y/n) sets the table and calls for the three to eat. When Draco had yet to come in, (Y/n) sends Erik to check on him.

Opening the door to Draco's room, Erik peers inside to see his son asleep with the two small snakes curled up beside him. He walks out, grabs his wife, and drags her back to the room to show her their son. As soon as she sees him, (Y/n) walks over and plants a gentle kiss on Draco's forehead and tucks in the three little ones.

"Sleep well, my little snake prince."