(27) Makarov x Reader ~ Cursed

I apologize for the delayed writing of this request.
Requested by Kittykat5900
Word count: 2232
"Italicized words" : Flashbacks
(h/c): hair color

Flashback 1
"Hurry up, Makarov! We're not gonna make it in time if you keep running like a snail!"

"I'm not as fast as you are, though, (Y/n)! Wait up!"

With very few townspeople around in the streets, two fifteen year old mages race down the deserted public roads. The burning ball of gas that once shone bright in the sky is now dimmer and gradually lowering beneath the horizon. Bright blue hues of the sky are replaced with warm, pastel colors. Some of those warm colors are absorbed into the clouds, but they're tinted pigments of the sky's true colors.

Soft thuds of two pairs of feet bounce off the walls of nearby buildings. The young teenage male huffs loudly while pushing himself to catch up with his female companion, who's racing ahead of him with an immeasurable degree of excitement. If a stranger is to watch them as they run by, he or she would probably relate the teens with a tortoise and a hare. Though Makarov is just as excited as (Y/n), his stamina and speed cannot match her's. (Y/n) has always been the faster one of the two but like the good friend she is, she waits for Makarov to catch up to her.

Arriving at the desired spot, (Y/n) skids to a stop. She turns around and rocks around on the balls of her feet while watching her friend trudge up the hill. Just by looking at his reddened face, anyone can tell that Makarov has been running a long distance.

The young male had promised to bring (Y/n) to the special area on the hill to watch a meteor shower that a mage with psychic had foreseen. He overheard the supernatural prediction while running errands for his father. Knowing how his friend would love to see such an occurrence, Makarov relayed the newfound information to (Y/n). The two agreed to sneak out of their homes to observe the meteor shower after dinner and meet up in the town square before traveling to the hill together. Now, they are seated together on the grassy hilltop waiting for the celestial event.

"Ne, Maka," the (h/c) haired female chirps, using a nickname she created for Makarov when they first met as toddlers. "Thank you for deciding to take me here. I've always wanted to see what a meteor shower looks like."

"Of course, (Y/n). You're my friend," Makarov responds with his signature, genuine smile. "I'll always share everything with you."

Before (Y/n) can comment, a flash of light catches her eye from her peripheral vision. She cranes her head up to witness the beginning of the shower. The small bodies of space matter descending into the earth's atmosphere leave streaks of light trailing behind them. Soon enough, the entire night sky becomes covered with streaks of white.

"Whoa..." (Y/n) gasps. "It's so... magical!"

"A lot of things are," her friend retorts playfully while nudging her shoulder. "We are mages, 'ya know. Magic isn't something new to us."

"But still," she insists,"I haven't seen anything as beautiful as this before."

"I have... You," Makarov comments absentmindedly. A warm, pink blush blooming on his once chilled, pale cheeks. He coughs awkwardly in an attempt to cover up his mistake, but the (h/c) haired teen heard his words clearly.

"Eh!? M-Maka..."

After that day, after many stuttered sentences and flushed faces, the two young teens grew even closer together; not just as friends anymore. Together, for the next three years, they lived life to the fullest. In their youthful minds, nothing in the universe could stop them.