Chapter 23, My choice

I know I have not updated for a long long time, but, I can continue now. Recently, I had no wifi because I moved houses, so now I can finally update one every week.

Hope you all still kept this book in your bookshelf, if not, well, you will miss out on this update then.
Now let's, get started!

Mitsuki P.O.V

"But, still. I can't just leave like that! I still haven't said at least a goodbye!" I shouted which surprised all the youkai.

I turn my head towards Kaname and Hikaru. I need them to tell the youkai that I can not possibly stay. But all they did was watch. I can tell Hikaru is sad, unfortunately, they can not do anything.

"Mitsuki..." Kaname started. "You need to stay, I will tell the others you said goodbye. They need you to keep the race going..."

"But,  there is one last important reason though..." I whispers. I shouldn't tell them, it's my most important secret that no one will ever find out...

"What is it Mitsuki?" Hikaru asks... I guess I have no choice any more.

"I..." I pause for s few seconds. " I, still haven't finished the Undertale game that I started. I need to get the 3rd ending to see who Chara is...."

"Wait WHAT!?!?!?" Everyone in the whole place scream, hurting my ear. "OUR, OUR ROYALTY IS GOING TO GIVE UP OUR RACE FOR A GAME ENDING!?!?!?"

The race suddenly run around doing face-desk, face-wall, and face-floor, of course, face-plant.

Is it really that surprising?

As soon as I am about to ask Hikaru and Kaname, I can see the expression on Kaname meaning, 'what in the world are you doing?'

Meanwhile, Hikaru has the opposite expression meaning, 'wow! You play undertale too!' His eyes are definitely smiling and sparkling.

"Uh... Okay? So can I go back or not? I will come back after the 5th ends which fully know who Gaster is and stuff." I murmurs.

"Hey Mitsuki." Miyabi whispers with determined eyes. "Please stay. We need you. We can even try to get internet working here and then you can play that Under something here."

Hearing that speech fills me with determination.

Yet, I just need to stay at the normal world. I don't know why, but I just need to.

"Mitsuki..." Hikaru says. "The choice is up to you, so please decide. You will need to do this sooner or later."

Ah, I see. I can see why they all want me to stay. It's not just their desire for me. (OMG, that sounds so wrong, but, don't worry. Nothing is going on...) But in fact, it's their need to survive.

"So, everyone. Please don't panic anymore." I start, just to calm everyone down. The last thing i need is for people to run around screaming, the ruler is giving up on us for a game called Under something. I think it is Undertale.

I shout out loudly so everyone can hear:" Hey! Everyone! I will be back! I have decided! My choice is that I will find the person responsible for the destruction of the mighty youkai kingdom! But before that, I will need more help from Cross Academy. For example, Headmaster Cross, Kiryuu Zero, etc."

Cheers spread across the whole field of youkai so almost in 5 seconds. But, I am not done yet. The speech has a lot more to come?

"There will be one condition!" I scream over all the cheers. Of course, by doing that. Everyone stopped talking. The only thing that can be heard is thistles of the trees waving in the gentle wind.

"The condition is..." I pause for a second to ensure everyone is listening. " It is that I will be allowed to move between the two places freely, so I can go back and forth. Is everyone ok? The voting will begin in 1 minute. Make up your mind, now!"

Seconds passed quickly. Incredibly soon, 1 minute is over.

"Everyone! You may choose now! Those that agree go to the left. Those that disagree go to the right!"

People, or rather youkai said scatters around the whole field. Eventually, everyone came to a decision of agreeing to my condition.

"So,  no one is against it. Ok, I will do my best."

Finally, it's done. My decision is finalised. The thought of that instantly fills me with an extreme amount of determination.

I really want go back, but if the attackers attack once again, I need to be there for them. The citizens need support and help. I am the last one of the royal blood line.

I can't help but smile at everyone's satisfied smiling faces.

Kaname and Hikaru Botha have relieved faces on them. I guess, they won't need me won't they? So this is how it feel to be needed, wanted and loved by many. To be honest, it's not what I always thought it would be. Happy. Yet it feels so satisfying that they are all happy.

"Nee, Mitsuki. Are you fine with the decision?" Kaname ask gently. I have never heard him say things with such care, so much that I tremble ps with fear. Does he want something of me? Is it so I can owe him?

"Yes?" I reply.

"Why are you looking so strange?" Kaname ask once again in a strange way.

"Ah, no no. Just, overthinking things, I guess?"

"Oh ok."

"So, youkais." I face the youkai once again. " I shall take my leave for now. I will be seeing you again soon ok? Although, I do not know if I can convince my friends to help or even believe me, but I will try."

"Ok, hime-sama!" All youkai says in sync with each other.

"Let's go, Kaname, Hikaru. I'm sure you can find us a way out, if you can get in."

They both nod back and we run into the ever ending darkness of the forest...

Ok. That concludes a chapter. You might have noticed quite a few Undertale references. That's right, I'm now in the Undertale fandom. I didn't buy the game, it's all YouTube playthroughs. I can even break others theories thanks to YouTube. Well, so far today, I broke 5 theories on YouTube!

I'll see u all next week. I might try to update earlier, but anyway. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote, comment or follow. I would love to hear from all of you.