chapter 1: Mala

Dawn was breaking. I was already out of my bed, getting dressed, this was the best part of the day for me. I grabbed my helmet and ran out of the house just in time to see the sun rising, its rays breaking the darkness of the night that has passed in silence. The colours of the sky blended together in harmony. The sight was enough to calm me down. I stared at the sky in awe lost in its beauty, almost forgetting that I had a training session to do.

My feet picked up the pace as I sprinted to the training base, reaching just in time as General Castor told us to assemble. Castor shipwrecker they call him because of how many ships dropped at his feet back when he was a fighter pilot. I stood up with my back straight and tried to coordinate my breathing, my heart hammering against my chest from the sprinting I did as I waited for general Castor to give me my instructions.

"Mala, you will take the x-wing and travel around the horizon, then land back here after 30 minutes," Castor said to me his tone was alarming, his eyes warned me not to do any mischief "and be careful" he added.

"Yes sir," I said a little too loudly, I couldn't contain my excitement. I haven't flown in a long time. I put on my helmet and took off to the plane.

I've always loved flying, I've loved it ever since they started training me here. I hovered slowly between the clouds, there was nothing to distract me from my thoughts up here. Corellia's blue waters shone brightly reflecting the sun's rays. It brought back memories and before I knew it I was drifting through my thoughts again.
☆☆☆
It was a few years ago when I was found on Corellia, no one knows how I ended up here, not even me. My body was smeared with cuts and bruises and my body looked dangerously thin.
General Castor was the one who found me and nursed me back to my health. But, my memory was gone, my past, my family.
my family.
Did I even have one?
☆☆☆
I snapped back to reality as the ear piece adjusted on my right ear screeched causing me to flinch.

"Mala, your training session is over come back to the training base," General Castor commanded.

I sighed and took one last look at the view, the green forest that stood out in the landscape and the sky pure as ever. I took it all in as I didn't know when I would be permitted to fly again. I landed the plane back in its place with ease, then ran off to get my lunch.

I grabbed as much as I can onto my food tray and went to sit beside Edd, my only friend. He was the only one to see me for who I was not an outsider or an intruder like most of the others thought. I dug my face into the food portions. They weren't aamazing but, at least it was edible, and I was starving having not eaten anything since waking up.

Halfway through my meal I noticed that Edd looked bothered. He wasn't eating his food. He was the kind of person who couldn't contain his emotions. They would show right on his face. His jet black hair was as messy as ever. It took all the effort I had not to reach out and ruffle it for him. But his brown eyes looked weary and burdened with thoughts, and the colour was drawn out of his face.

I swallowed the food in my mouth then asked him"What's wrong?"

"Three years ago today Han Solo died,"

The name meant nothing to me I've never heard of him before, "I'm sorry," I said looking down and my hands trying to find words of comfort, instead I found myself asking him " Who was he? "

Edd looked at me and raised an eyebrow, surprised, did I say something wrong? I hoped I hadn't upset him, but Edd replied, "he was from around here one of the best pilots ever, and... and... well he was killed by his son".

I looked at him in disbelief, trying to process what he just said. How can someone kill his own father? I'd do anything to at least know who my family are. Anything.

"Mala are you okay?" Edd looks at me with concern, I had been staring at him for a while now.

I replied by nodding slowly. I stared at my food for a few minutes and suddenly didn't feel hungry anymore. After getting up and telling Edd that I was tired and wanted to get some rest. I headed back home.

The house isn't big but its what I call home. It was a small room situated right beside the forest, isolated from the rest of the city. The walls were painted sandy yellow, and were old and wrinkled from age, but they provided shelter and warmth during the cold days of the winter. My bed was squashed in the side of the room, the rest of my 'accomodation' was made up of scrapes and pieces of metals I assembled together to make the silly excuse for my furnishing.

I threw my helmet on the bed and threw my body's weight onto the mattress. I groaned into my pillow, too tired to move, not even bothering to take my clothes off. I lied in bed and tried to fall asleep, but my mind was still active. My head was pounding, throbbing with pain. I was thinking too much, but the name kept ringing in my head and I couldn't stop it even as I drifted into deep sleep. It kept ringing. Solo.

Hi whoever is reading this, hopefully someone will end up reading it (crosses fingers). Please excuse any grammar mistakes :) and sorry if the chapter is too short.
(I promise there will be some action soon just stick with me ;D)