Chapter 4: Strong

The days passed slowly. I was still restrained. My wrists and my ankles were blistered, I've been trying to break the metal desperately, until the last light inside me burned out. My often dreamless sleep was now haunted by the nightmares, keeping me up at night. My voice was hoarse from screaming for help. The people here were heartless. Inhumane. Everyone was as it seemed in first order.

I remembered the city and thought how foolish I was, to be calling it hell. This place was worse than hell. It made me feel homesick. I remembered flying the first time and how liberating it felt. I remembered meeting Edd and laughing at his bad jokes just to make him feel good about himself.

Edd. I wonder where he is right now. I hope he's safe.

The screams that would come from the other rooms petrified me. Reminding me that I wasn't the only one here held captive. But, that wasn't the worst part. The worst part was listening to their cries of help knowing that I can't do anything to help them, and when they stop screaming I didn't know whether they're even still alive... or if I will be next.

Kylo came day after day. He tried to interrogate me, but I had nothing to give him. So he did nothing but punish me for it in return. He knew I didn't know anything and he used it for his advantage, bashing at me everyday that passed by. Taking all his anger out on me. It infuriated me. I wanted to attack him back. I had nothing but, pure hatred for him. I don't remember ever hating anyone this much.

I felt exhausted. My stomach rumbled for the fifth time today. Protesting from hunger. I was starving. They never bothered to even feed me. I looked down to see my malnourished body covered in bruises and scars. But, I knew my face looked worse.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, the metal door screeched open. It was damaged from his last encounter with it. Throwing his fist at it until it dented, trying to scare me. He walked in, his head held high, but still shadowed by the helmet. I never understood its purpose. My body flinched. It became an instinct for my body to try to huddle in a corner whenever he was around, or to try to punch him. But, sadly that wasn't an option.

Kylo stood beside me and pressed a button right beside where my elbow was. I sunk to the ground, surprised, I was too weak to lift my own weight.

"The supreme leader wants to see you," there were no emotions in his distorted robotic voice.

"I can't... I can't get up," I said breathlessly. I didn't understand what he said. All the noises around me seemed to have drowned down. My head consumed by vertigo as the room spun me around, making me feel light-headed.

Suddenly, he grabbed me by the arm forcing me to stand up and dragged me out of the door. I felt his grip tighten around my arm as he twisted it, making wince in pain. He marched non-stop through a maze of corridors I was still too weak to see where I was going. Everything was a blur.

Kylo stopped in front of a door bolted shut. Before we even enter I felt a strong presence. I was used to Kylo's by now, but this one was bone chilling. I was finally alert. "No, please don't make me go in there. I don't like it," I whined like a little child.

"Be quiet!" Kylo's voice this time was readable. There was a slight fear in his voice, making me panic.

Kylo finally pressed on a button and pushed me into the room. It was dark. Darker than the starless nights in Corellia. I couldn't see anything. But I could hear Kylo's deep breathing.

A large projection came out illuminating the darkness in the room. I forced a hand on my lips stopping them from making any noise. The projection was of a man sitting with a slight limp on his chair leaning carefully on its left arm. He looked ancient almost harmless, but I knew better than to judge by looks. He was much more powerful than what he looked like. I somehow sensed it.

I glanced beside me to see Kylo Ren bowing slighlty to him in respect. So, I did the same. Then he finally spoke up. "Supreme leader this is the force sensitive girl I informed you about," I looked at him, confused and in a trice felt scared. My heart skipped a beat. I had started wishing Kylo was beating me up again instead of standing here in this moment of silence.

Force sensitive. It rang a bell. I somehow knew at the back og my mind what this word meant. I tried to figure out but my thoughts were interuppted.

"Yes, she is strong I can see. The force is with her, but there is too much light in her". His voice sounded worse than he even looked. He spoke slowly and calmly. But, I can sense the rage in him feeding on his mind. Even through I was just facing a projection. This thought alone was terrifying.

"I can fix that," Kylo said, his eyes boring at me, but there is doubt in his voice, it was too obvious.

"She is strong. She can help us defeat Skywalker and his little pathetic jedi girl IF you succeed" he said to Kylo, challenging him

The word strong. He said I was strong. I felt pride swell in my body. Hope was starting to rise again. Without warning, the projection went off, leaving us in the darkness.

Kylo ignited his lightsaber and turned around walking toward the door. I tried to keep up with him by running. But, it only made my state worse. However, I didn't want to be left alone here, and I knew he would've done it if I hadn't caught up.

When we walked out of the room, it took my eyes a minute to adjust to the bright lights. I could almost hear the blood surging through my brain. The adrenaline in my body still telling me to turn and run away. But I didn't have the energy. All this chaos got hold of me and I found myself grabbing Kylo's cape, dragging him onto the ground with me as the lights around me faded.

Oh my god. Oh my god 3 people read the first chapter. One person even voted and added the book to their reading list. If you're reading this thank you. I am trying to write as much as I can before my exams start. I am doing my Igcses. anyway. I hope my writing skills don't disappoint you :))