Chapter 13: Lost Hope

Training after last night's events went differently. We left the starkiller base and went onto the finalizer. Kylo took me into one of the enormous rooms. It was as dull as any other room on the starkiller. But, it was illuminated by red vivid lights.

I didn't really understand the difference between training here and back down in the starkiller. This time he didn't take his helmet off. I was holding the hilt of the lightsaber in my hands tossing it into my hand hazardously.

Kylo used the force. It flew straight to his hands leaving me defenseless. I thought he was going to punish me for wandering out of my room last night.

I balled my fists ready for any kind of attack. "Today's training will be different,"this was his response. My hands dropped to my sides, landing with a thump against my hips.

"What do you mean different? Are we going to fight inside a hurricane now?"

"No," he marched toward me a pushed me back gently, the helmet seemed to intensify his breathing "you're going to try reading my thoughts,"

"What?"

"You've always been so interested in that scar, I am giving you a chance to know the story behind it," he continued explaining to me.

"I wasn't interested in your scar,"I muttered my eyes seemed to suddenly be interested in the floor tiles, my foot outlining the gaps between them"besides I know that Luke, the person you talk about is the one who gave it to you". I gulped trying to push the memory aside. I didn't want him to find out or get suspicious.

"No,he didn't," I glanced up at him. Confused. But I saw the memory, how come he didn't?

"LOOK WHAT YOUR LUKE DID TO ME".

Kylo's words were loud and clear in my head.

Curiousty was making me itch so I finally gave up "fine, I'll do it". I also wanted to retrieve back what's mine from inside his head. This was my chance.

My hand made its way towards his helmet. I didn't need to, but he doesn't know that I can read his mind already. I closed my eyes holding each side of the helmet gently in my palms.
I was instantly taken to another place. He was standing in front of a girl. She had three buns one on top of the other. A blue lightsaber in her hands was radiating so much energy I could almost feel its heat.

Her face was full of rage. But, not Kylo's type of rage. It was mixed with grief and sorrow, over someone or something special that was suddenly, lost without any warning.

Kylo was charging at her and she was fighting back. The force was strong with her. She blocked Kylo's last blow at her and closed her eyes. Inhaling deeply, trying to let the light flow inside her, like I do. In a trice she swung her lightsaber slashing at Kylo's face, making him fall onto the snow covered ground, as she watched him.

I knew this was the end of the memory. That I was supposed to leave. I found myself digging through his memories, faster than the speed of light.

I came across one and couldn't help but stop. It was a memory of my parents. They were both restrained just like I was when I first came here.

"Where is she?" Kylo's voice boomed inside my own head.

"We don't know. I swear we don't know," my father was sobbing. My mother's body laid unconscious in the chair.

"If you don't speak you will die,"Kylo spit out the words.

There was no response from my father. He rested his chin on his chest and wept quietly. The scene was enough to shatter my heart into a million pieces. I heard the deep humming sound of the lightsaber then pushed myself out of his headnot baring to see anymore.

My hands were still resting on Kylo's helmet. I let go and placed them in my pocket. Too shocked to speak.

"How did you do that?"Kylo said while taking his helmet off.

"Do what?" My voice came out croaked and broken. I felt a tear stream down my face. So, I rubbed it a quickly with my hands, hoping he doesn't notice.

"You read my mind so easily, no one ever did that," he was acting as if I hadn't just watched the last of my real family get killed by him.

I gave him a shrug and sat on the ground. My head was throbbing, reading his thoughts was physically and mentally exhausting. I crossed my feet and rubbed my forehead. But the pain only got worse.

"This is what happens if you try to read too much all at once," Kylo informed me,"you will stay in one of the rooms until the finalizer lands, I'll take you their.

I 'thanked' Kylo and watched him set off. I slammed the door shut and made sure its locked. I sat with a soft thud on the bed. My lips quivered and my eyes started blurring. I hugged the white pillow, staining the pillowcase with my tears. I sobbed hysterically, breathing became much harder and I began feeling light headed.

Everything seemed to be a jumbled up mess now. Kylo possibly killed my parents. I don't know if the memories I get are even half true anymore after the realization about Kylo's scar.

Why would he make me see this memory anyway? And who was that girl?

The girl was brave though. She stood up to Kylo. Something I never managed to do. She didn't look familiar. But the lightsaber. It's metal hilt. The electrical blue beam it produced. I saw it before.

It was Luke's!

But what was our doing in her hands?

Why wasn't Luke fighting him?

Terrible scenarios ran through my head as to what had happened to Luke. If he had met the same terrible fate as my parents did, or escaped Kylo's wrath. Whether he was stull hidden safely...

Were they trying to protect me? Was Kylo pointing me out as the 'she' he was asking them about?

These thoughts only got me to cry harder. I got out of my bed trying to distract myself from these thoughts. The chamber although it was small, it had a window. I looked out and saw the stars as they fell out of heaven. Some of the stars were burning out with the most beautiful shades, others combusted into birth.

The beauty of the stars seemed to distract me from the startkiller base that the finalizer was hovering above, busy witb stormtroopers and generals. I stared at the sleepless space that stretched beyond my sight all night, mourning my lost hope.

Okay... so I know I didn't describe Mala's physical appearance at all. I was thinking maybe you want to imagine yourself in her. So should I describe her or no???