Chapter 22: Recess

I spent the rest of the week practicing with Kylo. We were even at fighting now, I would sometimes even beat him. He didn't try to go through my mind again, but I have to admit this day did teach me a lesson. I was now alert at all times.

My only focus once I step through the door of the training room would be on Kylo, watching his next movement, trying to predict what he was to do. It was something I caught myself doing subconsciously. I guessed it was something to do with my past. Nonetheless, it made fighting Kylo much easier for me. Also, Hux was still nowhere to be seen, not that I minded.

I woke up early to a rumbling sound right beside my ear. I opened my eyes and saw a droid carrying a food tray. I had never really known in the first place who brings my food. The droid dropped the food tray and his hand started spinning wildly. I let out a yelp and shielded myself under my blanket. I heard a bang, proceeded by shattering. The droid's hand has shot off straight into the bathroom's open door. It had broken the sink and water was showering the bathroom.

"Great! What a nice wake up call," I went over to the sink being the smart person I was only to find myself drenched.

At least I don't need to shower anymore.

I rattled my head to dispose of as much water as possible. I grabbed the android's hand from the mess it made and lifted the rest of its body on my other shoulder. It was highly irritating, I had woken up from a peaceful sleep. Especially that it was rarely that earned these nowadays. However, I did earn a few stares from the stormtroopers marching in the halls. I rolled my eyes at them and kept walking. Obviously I hadn't changed my clothes. I was leaving trails of water behind me as I strided, it felt really uncomfortable.

"Mala? What are you doing?" It was Gavin's voice. I spun round and told him about the incident. He insisted to help me carry the android to the place where they get fixed. I was grateful for his help, but also happy to see him. The last time I saw him was after Kylo returned his unconscious body to me. My guilt and my fear, drove me away from him, I didn't want him to be punished because of my actions. This reminded me why I started talking less to him in the first place.

After we left the android to be fixed I decided to chat with Gavin for a while. He seemed to be having trouble breathing. I still didn't really get the concept of the unifrom. It wasn't practical.

"Take off your helmet," I nudged him and stopped to wait for him to take it off.

"I can't, I'll get in trouble," he shrugged defeatedly.

"No you won't?, you're with me," I placed both hands on his helmet and took it off him slowly. Gavin inhaled deeply, comfirming how badly designed these things were. They weren't even protective. I say that as person who had seen the stormtroopers in action on Tatooine. I placed the helmet on my head and marched mockingly.

"You need to report for reconditioning," I placed one hand on my hip and raised my other hand pointing up and down at Gavin with my index finger. He burst out laughing at my imitation. My own voice sounded foreign to my ears. It almost sounded robotic.

"How do you even breath in that thing," I said as I took the helmet off.

"You eventually get used to it," he looked at the helmet and scrunched his face, "and now its wet, with strands of your hair stuck inside it". Gavin shuddered and stuck out his tongue.

I shoved him playfully, "Hey! It's normal for hair to fall, it's not a crime," suddenly I remembered that the sink had broken and that water was now everywhere, "the room is probably flooded, I have to go".