Melody

"You're worthless just as these good for nothing kids!" My dad yelled making me jump. "I should have killed them when we first found out." I didn't understand what was happening, but I knew I wanted it to be over.

"No! Don't hurt the kids, Please Nick." My mom's panic voice filled the air. "They are just kids, for god's sake!"

"I don't give a fuck!" Everything went quiet, the quiet sound I hated so much just before the scream. The scream that made my heart stop.

"Nick, no!" my mom's voice sent shivers down my body.

Gunshots filled the air making me scream out in fear, I sat there crying for this to bed over. My dad said something, but I was crying too hard to hear him, after a few minutes. I heard my name.

"Wake up, Melody!"

"Melody!"

My eyes snapped opened and I realized that I was actually screaming. It scared me so much that I fell off the bed knocking over the lap on the bedside table. I fell on the broken glass making it cut deep into my hand. This big figure was moving towards me making my heart beat fast. I backed into the wall as I looked up at him, there was no way he was here in front of me, then he bent down.

Evan.

A low sigh left me as he scooped me up and placed me on his lap. He gently rocked me back and forth whispering soothing words. "It was just a nightmare Mel, he is not here. You're safe."

Sweat started to run down my forehead and neck as I tried to calm my racing heart. My body was tensed yet it was shaking. Opening my eyes I saw Catalina rushing to us, she lightly grabbed my hand and put pressure on the gash. Looking to the door Bo standing watching closely. Turning my head I hid my face in Evan's chest, I hated nightmares like this.

"It was just a dream, Mel, he can't get to you, not now, not ever," Evan said as he ran his hand through my hair.

"Who is he?" Catalina asked softly as she tried to stop the bleeding.

Evan's grip on me tightened because he hated telling people why I was having a nightmare. "Our good for nothing father," He gridded out. "He's locked up but still haunts her," He whispered the last part then hid his face on my shoulder.

"I think we are going to have to go to the hospital," As soon as the words left Castalia's mouth I ripped my hand away and turned into Evan.

"She doesn't like hospitals, her anxiety shoots through the roof."

I felt someone grab my hand and I felt the blood run down, a small hiss left me when they put pressure got intense. "You're going to the hospital, the bleeding is not going to stop on its own." Bo's voice was firm.

I looked at him and tried to plead with my eyes, I couldn't handle the pressure of going to the hospital. Needles scared me too much. The last time I was in the hospital they had to strap me down because I tried to rip the IV out my arm. They also kept me sedated most of the time. Bo shook his head and pulled me away from Evan, His grip tightened on me as I tried to get back to Evan.

"You can't just do that to her-"

"That is enough, from both of you," Bo said firm cutting Evan off. "As long as you live under our roof you will do as you're told."

My struggling stopped as I stared up at him, out of all of the foster parents. He was the only one who has given us a firm hand. This was too new for us, looking to Evan he clearly felt the same way. Evan locked eyes with me something he did to make sure I was okay, his hands went into fists. My eyes pleaded with him to talk Bo out of taking me to the hospital. Slowly Evan's face started to crumble by the minute and so the next words out his mouth made my whole body shut down.