Melody

"We are going to set some ground rules," Bo said once we all reached the living room.

I have been trying to hide out in my room because I didn't want to see or hear anyone. I just wanted to be and fight my battle alone, Evan was great to have as support. But he does need a break from time to time. Looking around the room I found that Ashton had left. It sucked that we didn't get to hang out like we had planned out in the first place.

"Like we'd listen to your rules," Evan scuffed crossing his arms over his chest. "We aren't little kids, we can take care of ourselves." My eyes shut on their own. The last time Evan talked back to our foster parent, he was beaten pretty bad.

"As long as you live under my roof you will do what I say." Bo snapped making me flinch back. "First off, Ashton is not to be here unless Catalina or myself is here with you."

"That bullshit, Ashton is a brother to us. You can't cut him out our lives like that." Evan shot back.

"A brother, really?" Bo mused looking to me. "While you were fighting the cop, they were getting cozy in the hallway." Evan looked to me in questioning, looking him in the eye I shook my head. "Don't lie, Melody. He was holding you pretty close for being your brother."

My head was starting to spin as Evan gaze turned heated. He had met Ashton first and he trusted him enough to bring him around me. Ashton was not an ugly guy and anyone would be lucky to have him. I know for a fact that he would not like me like that, it was just the heat of the moment and it was never going to happen again. When Evan's gaze didn't let up I grabbed the closest notebook and wrote.

Ashton was just holding me to help with my anxiety attack. I need the support, Bo is misunderstanding the whole thing. I can't defend myself like you can defend yourself. You and Ashton are the only fucking family I have. You don't know what it's like! You were out cold you, you didn't hear mom get shot, you didn't sit next to mom as she took her final breath, you weren't covered in her blood, and you didn't look at the end of a gun as dad pointed it at me.

Slapping the notebook book in his chest I ran to the stairs, everything started to blur as my anxiety started to kick in. My vision started to darken and my breathing turn shallow. Leaning on the wall I slid to the floor and started to sob. Everything was turning around on me, everything always led back to my dad. Bring my knees to my chest I tried to suck down air but it wasn't working.

"Hey, sweetheart." My head snapped up to meet Bo's eyes. He was leaning on the staircase with his legs stretched out in front of him. What did he what? Hasn't he done enough? I yell in my head.

He moved to reach for me but I moved away. He stopped and studied me for a few seconds. My breathing was still shallow as I started at him, I didn't want him to touch me. It was his fault that Evan was mad at me. Bo's hand twitched and I swear I never seen a man his size move so fast. I struggled in his grip trying to get free as he sat on the floor holding me like he would a child. Why was he doing this to me! Why can't he just leave me alone, I don't need him or Catalina. I just wanted to be alone, Evan would be so much better without me. I sadly thought.

"About six years ago I thought I lost Catalina forever," Bo said after I gave up trying to get free. He didn't seem to mind that I was still crying. But I tried to calm down enough to hear what he had to say.

He gave a low sigh and started to run his hand through my hair. It scared me on how much it made me relax. "Catalina was taken from me, it didn't matter how hard I fought. They just kept coming," Looking up through my eyelashes and was taken back on how broken he looked. "I woke up in the hospital only to find she was missing. I searched endlessly for her, I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat. She is my world and she was taken from me. I needed her and they have broken me"