Melody

Walking through the front door, I took Daisy off the leash and hung it up in the hallway. After I dropped my bag and took my shoes off I made my way to the kitchen where I heard talking. Evan was in there talking to Catalina about his day, when I walked in he smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"Where have you been?" He asked making me raise an eyebrow at him, I felt like I should have been asking that question. Clearly, he got what I was thinking because his face fell a little. "I'm guessing it's going to take more than a sorry to fix this, huh?"

Nodding my head, I looked to see what Catalina was making. The whole house smelt great. "I hope you're hungry." She said smiling.

I was hungry but I wanted to wait until Eli and I went out. This was another thing new to me, never before did I have to ask our foster parent if I can go out. No one never really cared if we left or not. Do I even tell Evan? I thought. Living in this house has changed things for us in a lot of ways. In my dismay, I found myself looking between Evan and Catalina. Should I tell Catalina first or Evan? Then Bo walked in the room making me want to throw my hand in the air and scream.

Can I go out for dinner with Eli tonight? Catalina was the first to see that I have written something. When she read it her eyes lit up like it was the best thing she has ever read. She clapped her hands together making everyone look at her with confusion.

"I was wondering when you were going to start asking to go out." She said coming around the island and taking my hand. "I have the perfect dress for you, I had bought it the other day and was waiting for the right time to give it to you."

Before anyone could say anything she was dragging me upstairs and ushering me into the bathroom to shower. For a few minutes I stood looking at myself in the mirror, my hair was everywhere from dancing and I had a shocked expression. It was probably for the fact that Catalina was very happy about my question. After my shower, I walked my room to find Catalina laying down a dress.

It was a pretty pastel blue summer dress, I started at it on awe. But once I realized it would show my scars, I hated it. "What do you think?" Shaking my head, it broke my heart when her face fell a bit. So I thought of a good plan. I bent over a little bit and tapped my hand on my thigh as to show I don't like short dresses. "Oh, I get it. You don't like short dresses, that is a good thing to know. But I might have something hold on."

She rushed out the room making me laugh to myself. She is acting like I am going out on my first date. This was Eli, my friend who wanted to check out a new restaurant. Walking into my closet I put on a matching red lace pantie and bra set then threw a robe over it. As I sat in front of the vanity and took my hair down, it was already starting to curl and I decided to leave my hair natural. I started to add hair products so my hair would frizz out. Grabbing the hair dryer, I started to fix it the way I like when Catalina came back in.

"Oh my, your hair is so curly!" She gushed coming over to me. She held up a dress and I looked at it in awe. It was a simple tan long summer dress, it had a v neck but didn't show too much cleavage. "I take it you like it?"

Nodding my head, I turned around to look at it better. She handed it to me and stepped out so I can put it on. Smoothing my hands over the fabric, I couldn't believe how it hugged my body. Dancing has really done wonders to my body, I was fit and this dress showed it. When Catalina came back in she smiled.

"I knew that would fit you." She rubbed my back as she started to talk. "I know I may be going overboard with this, but it's because you have grown so much since you've been here. You are coming out your shell and instead of going to school or the studio, you are going out with a friend. I know you don't see it yet Melody, but Bo and I do see both of your as our kids and nothing is going to change that. We want you guys to go far in life."