Unknown

The city was abnormally busy today, people rushing to and from work. Even from the highest floor of the building you can see people moving like ants. The sky was starting to turn dark as the sun began to set. The sky at this hour was breathtaking, the blue mixed in with reds and oranges and a hint of yellow. It was the type of color you could stare at all day with getting bored of it.

Stepping away from the window, I couldn't get my mind to rest. Time was not on anyone's side and it was counting down fast. But of course in this business time was never on your side. Leaning on the desk, I tried to think of places we can look. How hard was it to find a girl? Just as I was going to call it a day my door busted open and in walked Alberto.

"O'Brian, we found her." He said smiling but then if fell and because serious. "But we have a problem, well more like several problems."

"What kind of problems are we talking here?" Alberto stepped back from my tone. His men knew better than to be near him when he got mad.

Alberto started to tell him everything they have found. It was starting to make sense as to why they have had a hard time finding her. So many emotions ran through me like never before, I was always one to keep them in check, if only she would have never left like she did, none of this would have happened. Guilt finally passed through me because I wasn't there to protect her. She needed me and I failed her, all this time searching for her and I didn't even know.

"Boss, there were two kids involved."

"What?"

"I said there were two kids involved."

Alberto handed over another file and it was pretty thick. Looking up at Alberto, he gave a small nod as if saying I know. Opening the file, I was struck by how they looked alike. "Leave me." Without any other words, Alberto got up and left the room. How come we weren't notified when this happened? I thought looking through the file only to see how hard they've had it. I was brought out of my thoughts when my phone started to ring.

"What!" I snapped.

"How does it feel to know that I am one step ahead of you?"

"I wouldn't count on that one," I said looked down at the file.

An emotionless laugh filled my ear before he spoke. "Oh, I am one step ahead of you and one step closer getting what is mine. It's in the fine print, the girl is quite a looker. I wouldn't mind taking that to bed every night."

"If you fucking touch her-"

"You will what? I've already touched her and she is under my protection." He taunted me some more. "How does it feel knowing that you can't even protect your own flesh and blood?"

"I can protect my own." I sneered into the phone. "Mark my words you bastard. Touch her again and you will find a war on your hands. You are forgetting who you are talking to, test me one more time and it will be your last."

I slammed the phone down on the receiver and stood up and slammed the door open making all eyes snapped to him. "Task the men! I don't want them to gain another yard."

Everyone started to scramble to their feet to get ready. I was going to put a stop to this before it can go any further. This contract was going to be terminated if it is the last thing I do. I protect my family no matter the cost.

"Boss, we have a problem."

Melody

I was fighting sleep and not because I was afraid to, but because I was missing Evan. He was still not home and I feel like I haven't seen him in a long time. I stared up at the ceiling hoping I'd hear him come home. But he never did, it was one in the morning. Catalina was already in bed sleeping. Bo was still dealing with club business, so who knows when he will be home. Grabbing my phone, I texted Evan for the tenth time.