Melody

I've learned a few things about going to a biker party. One, they end very late, two, never go to school the next day after getting only three hours of sleep. And three, bikers aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Evan had a great time while we were there and I was happy for him. He made some friends with the older kids that were there and seemed to get along great with them. It also turns out that they all come here too, so he now had friends.

Looking up at the board I wrote down the last problem, math wasn't my favorite but it wasn't hard either. After writing it down I started to think more about living here. It wasn't what we expected, it was better than we thought actually. If everything works out this can be a permanent home for us and that is what Evan needed. He was a great person and deserved to be a good place like this. With no worries at all but finishing school.

"Okay class, the bell is going to ring in a few minutes. On the way out can you please put your paper in the basket by the door and have a great day." Ms. Ranch said smiling at everyone.

And just like she said the bell rang and the kids started to shuffle out throwing their paper in the basket. Stepping out into the hallway I smiled when I saw Ashton leaning on the wall in front of the door. When seeing me he pushed off the wall and threw his arm over my shoulders pulling me into a hug. Welcoming his warmth, I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arm around his waist.

"How was class, Lo?" He asked. I gave a small shrug making him chuckle. He knew I wasn't a big fan of math. "Math always sucks, can I walk you to your next class?" He asked as he pulled away while smiling down at me.

Giving a small nod we started down the hallway. The whole way to my next class I was able to feel him close to me. Once in a while, his hand would touch my lower back sending chills throughout my body. As much as I hate to admit it, my attraction to Ashton was growing more and more each day. I didn't want to feel this way about him because he was like a brother to me. It seemed wrong yet so right.

Getting to my class I smiled up at him to say, thank you. Smiling back at me his eyes met mine and he slowly started to back away. Something he often did, shaking my head a bit I was going to walk into the classroom when he grabbed my hand. When I turned to look at him I gasp in shock when his lips met mine. My body froze for a moment before my mind screamed at me to do something. Not knowing what to do I kissed him back.

The kiss was a simple yet showed a lot on how he felt. When he pulled away I watched as he walked down the hall with a big smile on his face. He looked back and winked at me before turning the corner. My lips had a small tingling feeling making my hand raise to touch them. When my mind came back to me I looked around to make sure no one saw me spaced out.

Walking into the classroom and up to the teacher, he just said to have a seat wherever I liked. I was glad that I didn't have to introduce myself. Being mute also helped that part. My eyes landed on Eli as she waved me over, giving a small smile I made my way over to the empty seat next to her. Daisy laid down by my feet like she has done this a thousand times. Petting her head, I looked to Eli as she started to talk.

"Oh my god, you actually came." She said pulling me into a hug. "I was starting to think that you went to different school after all."

Giving a small smile I pulled a piece of paper out. "I should have texted you in the morning, but I was busy rushing around." Handing the paper to her I felt confident of talking to people this way. If I was going to start actually caring and make friends, this was a start. Eli was a great girl and seemed like an amazing person all around.

"Oh, it's fine. I could have texted you to but didn't want to bug you," she giggled a little. "So was that your boyfriend?"

I looked at her in shock for a few minutes, she saw the kiss Ashton and I had? But she did have a point. What were Ashton and me? Shaking my head of the thought I was looking into this too much right now. It was just a kiss nothing more and nothing less.