Melody

Evan looked to me and I mouth Ares. His eyes grew a little and looked back to this man. His hands went into fists ready for a fight, if anything, My brother was ready to kill him. Ares wasn't looking at anyone but me. The look told me he was going to officially turn my world upside down. I have been trying to figure out what this contract is and what is had to do with me. Now today, out of all days, I'm going to find out just what it is.

I think I may have an idea; Ares has been hinting to the fact that I belong to him. So whatever the content is in this contract, it has to do with him and me. But how I will be his, is an unknown fact. "I can't decide if you are mental or asking to be killed." O'Brian sneered. "I've made is very clear that you were not to get anywhere near her. I told you what will happen if you did ever contact her, or her brother for that matter."

A ghostly smile made its way onto Ares face. He walked fully into the room making not only Evan, but my new found family move closer to me. This was something I was not expecting; we have barely meant them a month ago. Not only did we all make a first bad impression, we have been butting head and refused to get along. My emotions started to mess with my head once again.

There is only so much a person can take, did it not even matter that I was in the hospital for trying to kill myself? Everyone thinks that it's okay to keep dumping things on me left and right. If it's not one thing, then it's another. I wanted to take baby steps. Steps that would have allowed me to finally get over the death of my mother. The root of all my problems was the fact that I saw my mother get killed.

After all this time, I have not been given the chase to mourn her death. Then add abusive homes into the mix, it really fucks up one's mind. I was in a downward spiral to destruction, and in the end, it led to me landing in the hospital. Taking a shaky breath, I finally had the answer to all my problems. It took us landing in a good home for me to come to realized this.

I have to let my mother go.

I need to let my mother go.

I needed to let her go in a sense to get passed my pain. The pain that I was feeling was because I never got the chance to mourn her passing. It broke my heart at the thought of letting her go, but it was unhealthy for me to keep holding on. I was in no way going to ever forget her. No one will be able to replace her as our mother, but Catalina was a step in the right direction and so was Bo. Taking a slow breath, I closed my eyes and began to talk to my mom. Something I have never done before and I hope she can hear my crying out.

Mom, I can't remember much about you, mainly because I was young. But what I do remember is how kind and loving you were. How you always put us first no matter what. The sacrifices you made to make sure Evan and I had everything we needed. It breaks my heart that either Evan nor I were able to help you when you needed it. But mama, I have to let you go. I have to let you go because I have to do right by you and by Evan. The path that I am on is one you would never have wanted me to take. If you were here I know you would have kicked my ass for even doing this to myself. So from me to you, mama, this is good-bye until we meet again...I love you and always will.

Opening my eyes, I fought the tears back. For the first time in a long time, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. A warm stream of light touched my face making me looked to the sky, it was shining right through the window hitting only me. A slow smile took over my face as the sun warmed my body. I was going to take this as a sign that my mom was telling me it was okay. That it was okay to finally let her go so I can move on with my life. The sun gave me hope, something that I haven't felt in years.

"And I told you that I could careless, I'm just here to collect what I was promised," Ares said. "I don't want your company; I just want the girl."