O'Bryan

Slamming the door open, everyone in the room jump. Yesterday night was out of order and they knew it, I gave strict orders and they broke them. Eyes shifted to me and I walked slowly to the room staring down everyone. The air shifted as my gaze hardened with each eye that I met. My eyes locked onto the table that had a crack starting in the middle. Anger ran through me like wildfire.

"I gave one simple fucking order!" I sneered grabbing a chair and slammed it on a nearby wall. "I said you were to stay clear of them until we knew what we were dealing with. How hard is that?"

Ruben stood up and my eyes snapped to him. "We didn't expect them to come to the restaurant-"

I waved my hand stopping him. "I shouldn't have gotten a call from Sally saying you are fighting in here." I snapped. "Even more, so that you not only got into a fight, you slammed your own flesh and blood on a table threating to hurt his sister."

Ruben's gaze dropped to the floor in shame. Rubbing my hands over my mouth then down my chin, I had to come up with a plan. This was a setback, a big one at that. We needed the girl to be on our side and he has gone and fuck that up. I didn't miss the way she shut down, her eyes went from being frightened to emotionless. We were missing something, something very important but what? After thinking about it for a few more minutes everything hit me.

Grace was killed a couple years back but the file never said the kids bounced around in the system. "O'Bryan, the boy had said something to the girl while she was having a breakdown. He said someone was never going to get to her anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"After she screamed at me that Grace was their mother to save her brother. She started to shake like crazy and her eyes glazed over. She was here but her mind wasn't. I never seen a man move as fast as her brother moved to protect her. He got me good in the chin." Ruben said as he started to rub his chin.

Looking at it I was able to see a bruise forming, giving a low sigh. I was going to have to tap deeper into the kid's records. Find out what we are dealing with here, then all of the sudden I realized something. "What happened to the man who killed Grace?"

The whole room fell silent once again, it was clear that no one knew the answer. That was a mystery to us, we need to start with this man. If he is still alive that is. I thought rubbing my chin once again. Before we were able to form a plan to find out what happened to him. The front door opened and the whole room went quiet. I think everyone was shocked to see her here. Her eyes locked with mine and my heart went out to her. For the first time in years, I was actually starting to care about some other than just Ruben and some close family members.

Her eyes were red-rimmed as well as her nose. At first, it looked like she was going to turn and leave but thought better of it. My eyes shifted to the dog that was with her. My brows came together when I saw it was a service dog. Looking back to her, I had to admit she was good at ignoring everyone in the room as she started to move.

We all watched as she went up to Sally not saying or looking our way. I couldn't believe how much she looked like Grace. Her strawberry blonde hair went perfectly with her and her golden tan. But I was right, there was a lot more to the story then we know. Her eyes tell a hidden story.

Melody

I was going to head to school but I realized that mine and Evan's wallet was missing. I made Catalina call to ask if they were at the restaurant. The Manager Sally had confirmed that they were. So since school was on the way, I wanted to pick up the wallets. After a long talk about how I should stay home for another week, and finally convincing them to let me go. Evan didn't want to go to school because Ashton was out of town.