Melody

"She is not fucking doing it!" Evan yelled as Ashton pulled him off and locked his arms around him. "She is not your fucking safety net for this shit, every time you fucking put her on the stand she can't sleep for weeks!"

Evan was so pissed off that Ashton had to push him up against the wall. Bo stood between them looking pissed off. I felt someone grab my arm making me flinch, Catalina was giving me a stern yet worried look. My guess is because she didn't like how Ashton and I were standing and worried because Evan just beat the shit out of Detective Roberts.

"What the fuck is going on in here!" Bo said looking around the room. "We leave the fucking house for a couple hours and we come home to this?" He shook his head. "We shouldn't come home to find you making out with a guy and Evan fighting some man in the living room."

The room fell silent as his words sat heavy in the room, Detective Roberts sat up cleaning the blood off his lip. When he finally stood up he looked to Evan with a glare and I got a bad feeling. "I rest my case," He said firm. "She is going to take the stand, give her side of the story then she can be on her way."

"You can't fucking do that to her!" Evan yelled trying to get free. "How can you put her in front of him like that? How much longer are you going to drag her through hell just to keep him behind bars?"

Bo anger turned to confusion, he looked Detective Roberts then over to me. It was clear that his mind was at work. "Why does she need to take the stand and who the fuck are you?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm Detective Roberts, their father is a case of mine. I have been trying to keep him behind bars for years, he has been trying to get out on probation."

Catalina made a small gasp sound as she wrapped her arms around me. Bo looked to her and she shook her head, he seemed to understand what was trying to be said. Bo shook his head and looked deep in thought.

"Kids leave the room while we have a talk with Detective Roberts," Bo said looking us over and sending a glare as Ashton. Something tells me that this was not going to end very well for any of us.

Bo.

As the kids walked out the room my eyes never left Ashton. The first I met him in the store I was able to see the way he looks at her, she didn't see it but it was clear as day. I didn't like the fact that they were standing that close together. Something was telling me she found out how he feels about her and he was going to play on it. That shit shouldn't be happening under my roof nor should a guy be here without me home.

"Why the fuck do you need her to take the stands for that cock sucker?" I sneered looking at the cop. "You should have called me first before talking to the kids."

He gave a nod and thanked Catalina as she handed him a paper towel. He cleaned the blood off and tested his jaw a bit that was starting to lightly bruise. The kid had one hell of a swing. "Their father has been trying to get out. It's my job to make sure that he doesn't see the time of day, the only way I can do that is if they see Melody. They feel sorr-"

"How can you play with her emotions like that?" Catalina snapped. "She is not a toy you can take down for a shelf when you are ready to play with her. She is a girl who is fighting a deadly battle within her mind."

A smile almost broke out on my face when she looked ready to beat the shit out of this guy. I was starting to think that I was rubbing off on her, she sure was not the same girl I met way back when. She was strong and independent but dependent enough to ask for help. She was right about making Mel do this, it is one thing to make her face her fear of the hospital and it's another to make her face the one person who haunts her dreams.