Melody

Four months later.

Christian and I sat glaring at each other. We were currently in the library, so we can finish this stupid final project. We have been working on it over the past few months, but he was being an asshole at the moment. Angrily, I grabbed my coffee that I picked up from Starbucks on the way, and took a sip. We had managed to get about more than half the project done. But at this point, Christina was fed up with this whole thing. He said and I quote, 'this shit is stupid, I'm done answering your fucking questions.'

"Either you finish the last of the fucking questions, or I'll start bullshitting your life." I snapped. "You only have ten questions to go fuck nuts."

His glare hardened when I called him fuck nuts, but I could care less about his feeling. Many things have changed over the course of four months. One thing that changed a lot was my attitude. I stood up for myself, spoke up when I had to, and most importantly found out who I was. I was a fighter with a spitfire soul. No one pointed a finger at me without me firing back. The school quickly learned that it was best to be on my good side.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do."

Well, all but one. I sneered in my mind. "Then fucking answer the question so we can get the fuck out of here. I have better shit to do than sit here and listen to you shit life. I already lived a shitty life, I don't want to hear yours."

Christian stood up and glared down at me. "I'm sorry not every life is as perfect as yours, bitch. Some of us have to actually work hard for what we get."

Giving a bitter laugh I stood up and met his glare. "I worked hard for half my life to get where I am today. When I was five, I witness the murder of my mother, sat next to her as she took her final breath. I stared up at my dad just as he was about to shoot me. Then spend most of my life bouncing from home to home. The man I loved was killed in front of me, so don't stand here in front of me, acting like you have it harder. Because at the end of the day, you're just pissed your mommy told you no."

Clearly, he wasn't expecting me to fire back like this. But that was the hard facts of my piece of shit life. Not everything is all sunshine and rainbows, life was fuck up and it can keep you on your knees if you let it. And I was tired of being on my knees, one way or another I was going to get back up...no, I am on my feet refusing to back down. This is my life and I run my world.

Grabbing my shit, I slammed my shoulder into his as I walked away. "I have better shit than to sit here and listen to you bitch. I have enough about you to guess the last of the stupid questions."

I had only gotten about five steps away from him, when he spoke up again. "You sure got over the man you loved." Stopping in my tracks I turned to look at him. "That's a nice ring on your finger. Sure didn't take long for you to get over him."

Rolling my eyes, I said. "I didn't want this. Apparently, my great grandfather was a piece of shit as well. He didn't even know me or know that I would even be born and promised me away for business. So keep my shitty life out your fucking mouth. I'm already engaged to a narcissistic bastard, I don't need you to act like you care about my life."

He grunted shaking his head. "You just have an answer for everything don't you." Taking a few steps forward we were toe to toe. "I can see through this tough act of yours. Not one can go from being mute to raising hell overnight. You're just a weak little girl and you know it."

I felt my sinister form on my lips as I looked up at me. "You have to have a soul to be weak. I sold mine to the devil the night I agreed to sign the control to marry a man I don't love. And I did it for the one I love, you know nothing of this world. You hide behind your money and cars, thinking life is great. But in reality, the world is a dark cold place, and it will keep someone like you on your knees."