03 | home

GREY

"And done," I felt a cotton cloth being secured by a piece of  tape a little above the base of my neck. Grant numbed the area where he had to insert my tracker and talked me through the surgery to sooth my uneasiness.

It helped because I almost forgot what was happening. Forgot the anger that flowed through my body just a little while ago. Forgot that I was just abducted.

He moved me into another room where there was a leather chair where I sat frontwards with my face resting in small opening - like a massage chair - so he could perform the surgery. 

I sat up from the chair, lightly pressing on where I had been cut open. I winced at the slight soreness of it.

"The soreness should go away in a few days," Grant said, making his way to the long countertop in the spacious aesthetic scented room.

"Why am I here?" I asked softly. It had been the first time I asked in a civilized manner.

"Y'know I really don't know," He wagged a thoughtful finger. "That woman has her reasons . . . which will forever be unknown. But  after a while of being here you just learn to roll with the punches."

"Great," I said bitterly.

"Ah you'll be fine," He waved his hand carelessly. I was starting to think I would be fine just talking to him.

There was a knock on the door and in entered a tall muscular man with tan skin. His soft quiff was dirty blonde, almost resembling the color of wet sand. He wore a fitted black t- shirt that put his beefy biceps on display and slim black cargos.

"Vera wants her now."

"She's all yours," Grant permitted. But honestly, I wanted to stay right here in this room and listen to Grant talk away my worries. I reluctantly got up from the chair and walked to the man waiting at the door.

"That's Xander by the way," Grant smiled, receiving a glare of annoyance from the man. Grant's smile only grew when he snorted.

Xander. Where have I heard that name before?

"Let's go," He squeezed his hand around my arm and yanked me out of the room as if I was a rag doll. He lead me out of the Medical wing which was fairly large with its shiny white walled narrow halls.

 We eventually came to two double glass doors that lead to an all white wide corridor

I snatched my arm from his grip abruptly. "Would you get off of me, I can walk myself."

He took hold of my arm again and yanked me back to his side. "Well maybe if you acted right I would," I suddenly noticed his Australian accent. 

The next few moments of walking down the hall was me ripping my arm from his hold and him grabbing my arm back. Over. And. Over. It was like we were little kids fighting over a toy.