43 | hope

VIOLET
Society Headquarters

*f l a s h b a c k *

I peeked from behind the wall and saw Aunt Vera speaking with Xander. He wore a hard expression on his face, then Aunt Vera turned around and walked further into her office so I could no longer see her. I carefully got down on my knees and crawled a little further to hear the conversation.

I heard her yelling.

However, butterflies filled my tummy when Xander switched his gaze to me. I froze in my spot just like deers do when they're flashed with bright car lights. He winked and gave his attention back to Aunt Vera!

"We have to get rid of her," I heard her say.

I saw the shock in Xander's eyes from here, it was all over his face. I also saw that he was trying his best to hide it. I wondered who Aunt Vera wanted to get rid of, but then I remembered that Rey was just on my screen in my bedroom. Telling everyone that she's not coming back.

That's when I went to Aunt Vera's room and asked about it. That's also when I heard her yelling.

"You want to kill your own niece," Xander spoke and my eyes widened. I quickly scurried to behind the wall where I'd be hidden. My chest heaved and I had to cover my mouth to quiet my loud breaths.

Aunt Vera wants to kill Rey!

* e n d o f f l a s h b a c k *

Why does she want to kill my big sister? She can't do that, it's against the rules . . . we're family. I tried my hardest to brainstorm ideas on how to help Rey - maybe I can't. I'm only six!

Oh boy.

I was really sad when Rey said she wouldn't be coming back in her message. But then I remembered before that she said that she'd get me out of here.

And I know my sister always does what she says. She and Jett always take care of me, and now Rey is in trouble.

I looked down at my plush Elsa doll and titled my head. She saved her Anna at the end of the movie, I gasped with a smile. I'm going to save my big sister just like Elsa did.

First I needed to see Jett, maybe he could help me come up with something because I've got nothing. I put Elsa down and grabbed my little pad and pen from my dresser.

Then I opened the door and walked to Aunt Vera's office.

"Aunt Vera?" I asked softly, putting on my extra sweet voice and cute irrefutable face.

She looked up from her paperwork, annoyance written on her face, "What do you want?"

"Can you I go see Jett please?"

"You know you're not allowed out of my quarters," Her voice held no emotion.

"But wh-"

"Plus," She interrupted, "Your brother is in Confinement right now . . . He's been very bad."

" . . . Oh," I grew sad. "Well can I please go see him there? Just for a few minutes. I miss him a lot."

Aunt Vera sighed, and focused on her paperwork again, "No. Get back to your room."

"I won't take a lo-"

She slammed her pen onto the desk, "Vic! Get in here."

He came in promptly, "Yes Ms. Thorne."

"Take her to Confinement to see her brother. No longer than eight minutes, go."

I followed Vic as he guided me. I wore a smile on my face, I felt like skipping and singing Love is an Open Door from Frozen.