33 | salut

GREY Lyon, France

GREY
Lyon, France

I rubbed my wrists in attempt to soothe them from the inexorable sting caused from the tightness of the rope. I glowered at Pierre as I did so, if looks could kill he'd be dead ten times over.

"Would ya stop lookin' at me like you didn't give the idea to me," He whined. I couldn't argue with that because I did. This is exactly what I meant by it, but the surprise element was what threw me off.

"Yes. It was but you weren't supposed to keep it from me!"

Pierre pointed a finger, "Y'know Grant said you'd be this mad."

I flung my arms in the air and let them slap against my legs, "Of course he was in on this too."

"It was the most proficient way this plan would work. Society will think I took you hostage to torture you," Pierre shrugged. I stared at him with loss of emotion.

"Alright," He draped his arm around me and we began to move toward the doorway. "You've got some rogues to meet princesse."

We entered the main space of the rogue house which had concrete floors and tarnished stone walls. A long metal table was set in the middle with a projector sitting atop of it. There were a few people gathered around it, submerged in conversation.

Pierre whistled, "Tout le monde. She's awake."

Conversations ceased and everyone turned their attention to me.

"So this is Frank and Willa's daughter," One of the men acknowledged with a smirk. His arm was in a navy blue arm sling. My brows furrowed for only a second before I regained memory.

"Ace?"

"Nice to . . . formally meet you," He held out his uninjured arm and I shook his hand.

"Sorry," I winced. "Hope I didn't cause too much damage."

"Oh no you dislocated it and Pierre had to snap it back into place," He said bluntly.

I nodded with pursed lips, guiltily.

"But it's fine princesse, all for a good cause," He tapped my shoulder with no hard feelings.

"Oh mon dieu! Why do I keep getting called princess. It's like one of those stupid bad boy, good girl love stories," I cringed.

The woman, walked toward me with a soft yet sly smile, "You're Frank and Willemina's oldest daughter. They're the ones who started Society back when it was in it's purest state," Her heavy french accent combined with her delicate tone was pleasing to hear. "They were the true rulers. And you're like the princess."

I nodded, making sense of the analogy in my head. But I still didn't like it, princess seemed too soft and dainty of a name for me.

"Believe me when I say we can come up with something else to call you," Another man laughed. "I'm Adrien by the way."