27 | alexander, revived

GREY       

"Incoming call . . ."

"Answer it."

Vera appeared on Cora's hologram.

"How's the mission planning going?"

"I have the plan down. I just need to assemble the task force," I answered.

"Good, good. I want you to present the mission plan to me for my approval."

"Didn't doubt it," I mumbled as I crossed my arms. "Is um . . . , " I frowned at the ground, contemplating on what was about to roll off my tongue. "Is Xander cleared to be back in the field?"

"Not sure yet. So don't bank on him, choose someone else."

I inwardly sighed, "Fine."

Not fine.

"Ok, then we're done here," Vera swiped Cora's screen away.

It's been weeks since Xander's last mission, I couldn't see why he wouldn't be up for the job. Plus it was going to my muse getting to boss him around.

I still had an hour of my Active Time to complete, so I put on my cropped exercise leggings and a muscle tee. I threw my hair up into a sloppy top knot, put on my sneakers and left my room.

*

My neon muscle tee was tied into a knot a little above my belly button. My top knot was coming undone from the vigorous punches I threw at the rock hard punching bag. I let out strenuous breaths with each impact.

Tired, I used my teeth to rip the velcro strap of my gloves, and let fall to the matted floor. The room I was in was an extension of the weight room. I huffed exhaustedly, taking an advantage of the peace and quiet.

I had to admit to myself, I did miss seeing Xander in here. I missed walking by, catching a glimpse of him teaching his class. He always knew what to say to annoy me, which only made me fight harder.

Stop it Grey, my mind scolded.

"Grey," My shoulders jumped from Vic's startling rocky voice. "Vera wants to see you in the Conference Room."

"Ok I just need to grab the file," I told him.

I headed back to my room to get the file containing my mission plan, and then went down to the Conference Room. I already knew who I wanted on my task force, I just needed to figure who I'm going to replace Xander with.

"Right on time," Vera glanced at her watch.

"Ohh lucky me," I replied with sweet and bitter sarcasm. 

"Now, is that any way to talk to your Aunt?" She smiled artificially.

"I'd rather you not remind me," I mirrored her fake smile.

She took a seat in one of the white leather chairs and I set the file down on the heavy glass top, "Lemme hear your plan."

"Ok so. We know that diamonds have been stolen by the target, Leo Emerson. And from your source, he's holding an auction for the diamonds in Quebec, Canada at the Courtyard Hotel an-"

"Blah blah blah," Vera waved her hands around with a roll of her eyes. "Tell me something I don't know please."

I threw daggers at her with as I spoke every word irritatedly, "So I plan on having my task force break into his hotel room, which we'll find by us following him discreetly. We take the diamonds. No diamonds, no auction.

All of us will book a room with undercover identities of course, except for two people. I need two people to be our surveillance and keep a look out for him. They need to sneak into the building, which shouldn't be a problem with our advanced technology. And that's basically the overview of it."

Vera pursed her lips, slowing nodding as she thought my plan over.

"Who's on your task force?"

"Kimber, Avalon, Luke, Jett . . . and Scott."

"Sounds like a decent plan. Your passports will be ready in a day or two so start getting ready," Vera approved.

"Ok," I gave a single nod and left the room.

While I was on the ground level, I decided to pay Grant a visit. I walked into the Medical Wing and found him sitting in his office, doing paperwork.

"I have a question."

He gave his attention to me, "Shoot."

"Is Xander cleared to be in the field again? It's been five weeks."

Grant sat back in his chair, thinking it over. "Well. He has been healing nicely and has increased on physical activity. I'm just a little hesitant on him getting back out there so soon."

"I see your point."

"But," He rose his index finger. "This is Xander we're talking about, he works harder than anyone here. Is he needed on a mission or something?"

"Vera put me in charge of a mission. But she told me to choose someone else. So I told her I'd go with Scott."

Grant squinted and pointed at me, "But you're not actually recruiting Scott, are you."

I got up from my chair and ruffled his hair, "Ah you know me so well."

Grant chuckled.

*

I knocked on his door.

"It's open," His voice sounded distant.

I walked in to see him doing push-ups with rapid speed, his bare back muscles flexed intensively as he let out short sharp breaths.

I crossed my arms and averted my gaze.

"What do you want?" He took erect dusting off his hands.

I shoved the file against his stomach and walked passed him. He opened it and frowned.

"Mission Eleven? Vera hasn't cl-"

"It's my mission," I interrupted sternly.

"So. You want me to be on the task force."

"Yeah," I shrugged.

He stared at me for a moment before tossing the file on his bed with a simple, "No."

"What, why?!" I was taken aback.

He crossed his arms with his knee weakening smirk.

"Please? Is that what you wanna hear."

No response.

"Please, Xander?" I softened my voice.

"Mm not what I'm looking for," He shook his head.

"Ok," I mumbled and snatched the file off his bed, slamming it against his chest, "I need you."

He stared at me with his smirk still present while I glowered.

"Well consider Alexander, revived."

____________________________

A/N - 😍.

So sorry I haven't updated in a while 😰😰, I'm trying my hardest to write 😭

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Grey's mission will be next chapter

How do you think it's gonna turn out 👀.

Votes/Comments are much appreciated! x

- kya h.