41 | rêves

| dreams

~*~

GREY
Lyon, France

The flight back to France was an entertaining one.

When our plane began to trail bumpily against the runway, I sensed Xander's uneasiness. His lips were tightly pressed together and his brows were contorted with worry.

I asked him about it and of course he tried to play it off. But when we finally took off, he clutched my hand in a split second and pinched his eyes closed.

Xander's afraid of flying!

I laughed. It was cute to see him like that.

We followed behind Helena as we made our way to her apartment. Now that Xander was officially a rogue, he needed a place stay as well.

Kimber checked into a hotel nearby.

"This is a nice place Helena," Xander complimented as his eyes roamed curiously.

"So I've been told," She laughed, tossing her keys onto the island. "I'll be right back."

She disappeared down the hallway and I looked at Xander with a sweet smile. I couldn't describe how proud I was of him to finally take the plunge and leave Society. He came up from behind me and snaked his arms around my stomach. I laid my hands atop of his and leaned my head back against him.

Helena came sauntering back in the room with a whopping pile of blankets and pillows. She set them on the couch, "Here you are Xander."

Xander let go of me and I was slightly taken off guard by the arrangement.

"Oh! You thought you sleeping together," She laughed amusingly. "Yeah no, I need to sleep tonight."

"Helena!" I scolded. "We're not even like that!"

Xander chuckled and walked toward the couch, "Well thank you for letting me stay here."

"Good night," She bid us both and went to her room. I walked over to Xander.

He slid his hand to the back of my neck and brought my lips to his in a simple kiss. I smiled pleasantly and left for my room.

*
4:43 AM

My body sprang up, chest heaving. A thin sheen of sweat covered my forehead. I buried my head into my hands. I hadn't had a nightmare in a long while.

I huffed and fell limply back into bed. I stared at the ceiling, remnants of the nightmare haunting my thoughts.

I closed my eyes with a troubled expression. Go to sleep Grey, go to sleep. I laid on my side and attempted to resume my sleep. But to no avail, I tossed and turned profusely.

I sat up and hit my bed angrily.

My feet hit the cool ground when I got out of bed and walked into the living room. Xander laid in a fetal position, clutching a pillow.

His broad, bare back faced me. I marveled at how zen and peaceful he looked. Then I grabbed a pillow from the chair beside the couch and pelted it at him.

He didn't move a muscle. I threw my head back and sighed in defeat. Stupid heavy sleeper.

I walked back to my room and climbed into bed, laid in a fetal position - back faced to the door. The door creaked open and I felt the bed dip along with the crackling sound of plastic.