11 | mind

GREY

I swept a thin line of black eyeliner on my waterline, making the fierceness of my light eyes prevalent. I spun the cap of my foundation bottle open and poured a bit of it's contents on a makeup sponge. I dabbed the back of my neck with it, concealing my barcode.

Rule number two of the Honor Code. Hiding your identity to the outside world.

I walked back into my room, still getting used to it's new space, but stopped when I caught my reflection from the body lengthened mirror on the door.

Dressed in my suit, I peered at the girl who stared back at me. Everything I went through in the past. Everything I endured. All somehow lead to this. It all happened in a whirl, coming to Society and forced to take on their standards. Now I'm an official Society Agent.

Tonight is my first mission. I would be lying to myself if I said I wasn't nervous for this mission. I could feel the nerves build up and tense my body. But I tried to keep a steady mind.

Now that I've moved up, I've been exposed to a whole different set of people. The Agents. I have a whole new schedule too.

"Ms. Grey. You're late to the Initial Meeting."

"Right," I breathed, leaving my room. I was supposed to be in the conference room at this time.

Initial Meetings are for the task force to go over the mission plan. Specifically given by Vera. She gives us the purpose and the goal.

Waiting in the elevator to take to the ground floor, my mind raced with wild ideas. Like where the mission was going to take place. It could take place in a whole other country for all I know. When I stepped out of the elevator, I took long strides down Vera's hallway.

Soon as I walked in, four pairs of eyes were on me. Xander, Luke, Kimber and Jack were seated in the white leather roller chairs. All dressed in their suits. The guys simply wore black cargos with a black t-shirt. Part of me envied that, but I had to admit I did like my suit.

"Oh god no," Xander huffed at my arrival.

Vera stood in front of a large screen, looking irritated with her arms folded and hip popped out. "You were supposed to be here ten minutes ago."

"Oops," I said non-apologetically, taking a seat.

"Well well, look who's an Agent," Luke smiled. Seated at the end of the long heavy glassed table.

"That was fast," Jack commented.

"Bro. She almost blinded me with a pair of freakin' headphones when she was abducted. How is she not an Agent," Luke replied.

"True."

"Gimme a break," Xander mumbled.

Kimber who sat next to me, held out her hand to me, "Kimber."

"Grey," I shook her hand firmly. Wow I'm finally meeting Xander's woman.

"I've heard quite a lot about you," She said.

"Oh," I nodded. "Cool?"

"Alright. If we're done with the side conversations I'd like to get started now," Vera intervened. She tapped her index finger against the screen and it awoke. It was a file. A man with rough fair skin, dark eyes and a scruff that started to gray.

"This is James Wick. Started out working into a manufacturing factory until he developed ideas of his own. He's concocted this substance. It's still unknown from my source but it behaves like a drug. Him and his recruited team have been taking people hostage as their test subjects.