Siblings From Deep Down

Frisk's P.O.V.
I woke up the next day to the smell of...COOKED spaghetti. Sans wasn't there though...I got off the couch to find a letter at my feet.
"Hey Frisk, I'm out for a little while...doing some...things...I gotta do! Don't worry about me though, I'll be back later. Pap agreed to hang out with you for a little while, so you guys can do whatever you please. --Lots of Love, Sans"
Huh. It's just me and Papy today. Cool. I walked into the kitchen to see a tall skeleton working with the oven.
       "Morning Papy!" I greeted Papyrus. He looked away from his cooking to greet me back.
       "GOOD MORNING...EVENING? HUMAN!"
       I sat down at the table. Papyrus must've finished before I woke up, because he set a full plate of spaghetti in front of me. I chowed down, it was actually pretty good.
       "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO TODAY?" Papyrus asked me while cleaning his area. "AS SIBLINGS, WE MUST DO VARIOUS ACTIVITIES TO SEE WHAT WE HAVE IN COMMON!"
        "Well..." I said, putting my fork down. "I was thinking we could just...ya know TALK! We could figure out our interests from there too. Maybe we like the same TV show and we won't know it until we talk."
       "GREAT IDEA HUMAN!" Papyrus said, taking the still-full-plate away from me. I got off my chair and decided to help Papyrus out with the dishes.
       "THANK YOU HUMAN!" Papyrus said, putting away leftover spaghetti in the fridge. "I SEE YOU'RE DEFINITELY NOT LIKE SANS! HE JUST BOONDOGGLE'S ALL DAY!" (A/N: HOLY SHIT!! BOONDOGGLE DOESN'T HAVE AUTOCORRECT?! WHAT THE FU--)
       "Your welcome Papy!" I replied. "I don't mind anyways, Mom makes me do this after we eat butterscotch cinnamon pie."
       "I SEE," Papyrus said, putting away the clean dishes. I stepped away from the sink, letting him do his own thing. "WHAT DO YOU THINK SANS IS DOING ANYWAYS?"
       "I donno," I replied. "Maybe he's at work. He's the one making the money to keep us alive you know."
       "YOU MEAN 'TO KEEP YOU ALIVE!'" Papyrus corrected me. "WE MONSTERS DON'T NEED FOOD FOR ENERGY LIKE HUMANS DO. WE JUST NEED SLEEP. WE USE OUR MAGIC EVERYDAY, AND USING MAGIC EXHAUSTS US. BUT WE EAT BECAUSE WE LIKE THE FEELING OF IT!"
        "Wow...!" I said, amazed at how monsters work. "That's...super cool! Explains why Sans only likes to DRINK ketchup."
        Both Papyrus and I walked into the living room. We sat on the couch, while I was waiting for Papyrus to talk...or ask me something.
       "HOW WAS IT LIKE ON THE SURFACE?" Papyrus finally broke the silence. I stared at the lovable skeleton for a moment.
        "W-Well..." I said, trying to find words best to describe MY experience. "It's u-uhm..."
       "I hate it..." I finally got out. "The surface is cruel. The humans up there only know one thing: make fun of others who are different than them. Hell, they'll even KILL for those who don't think or act like them."
       "They don't care about you either!" I continued, Papyrus taking in every word. "Because they'd k-kill your brother...e-even though they know t-that he's e-everything to you......"
       I trailed off in my own words. I started shaking while tears filled my eyes. I felt warmth hit my body as I was embraced into a hug. I hugged back.
       "W-WE DON'T HAVE TO TALK ABOUT THAT..." Papyrus shushed me. "IF YOU WANT TO KEEP GOING...IS THERE A 'SUN' ON THE SURFACE?"
       Thanks for changing the subject Papy. I wiped away tears. I backed away from the hug, smiling.
       "Yes...AND a moon too. But that only comes at night." I explained. "The surface may be cruel, but damn is it beautiful."
       "I SEE!" Papyrus said. "WELL, THAT WAS A GREAT TALK! WANNA PLAY A VIDEO GAME?"
       "Only if you want your ass kicked!" I teased. "He~he~! Yes, I'll play with you!"
       "YOUR...UH...'ASS' WILL BE THE ONE THAT GOT KICKED..." Papyrus said, worriedly. "GOD I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING..."
       I laughed. "It's just a saying Papy! I don't mean it, just something people say to mean 'you're on!'"
       "YOU HUMANS ARE SO INTERESTING!" Papyrus exclaimed, grabbing two controllers. "AND I THOUGHT US MONSTERS WERE THE MOST INTERESTING BEINGS ON THE PLANET!"
       "Well, humans would LOVE to experiment on you monsters." I said, turning on the console. "But...that's something we want to avoid."
        "HM. WILL DO HUMAN!" Papyrus remarked, putting on a game. Super Mario Kart.
        I'm REALLY gonna kick Papyrus's ass.
~time skippie!~
       "AAAAAGH! WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THIS?!" Papyrus yelled in defeat.
       I rolled around in laughter. "I still got it!"
       The door opened. A skeleton taller than me walked in. Sans. He seemed...excited.
       "Heya! You're back!" I greeted Sans. He hugged me in return. I accepted it.
       "Knock knock," Sans said, moving away from the hug.
        "Ugh! Who's there?" I asked. I hated his knock knock jokes, even though it out a smile on my face.
       "Orange," Sans kept the joke coming. I sighed a little. (A/N: we all know this joke...WELL FU--)
       "Orange who?" I asked. I watched Sans every move. He pulled out an orange from his pocket.
       "Orange you glad I came home?" Sans ended the joke. I smiled as he held out the orange to me. I grabbed it. I'll keep this for later.
       "DID YOU REALLY GET GROCERIES?" Papyrus asked, almost surprised. Sans shook his head.
       "No. Just grabbing a snack for my little Frisk here." Sans said, rustling my hair around. I could tell he didn't just leave for that. I know he has something else.

       But what?
       "I also got a little gift for Frisk's big twentieth birthday." Sans said. Whelp. That answeres my question.
       Yes, in two days I'll be twenty. "Lord I'm old..."
       Sans chuckled. "You're not the one who's almost twenty two!"
       "NEITHER OF YOU IS THE ONE WHO IS TWENTY FOUR!" Papyrus remarked. All three of us started laughing.
       "Alright, alright!" I said between laughs. "I get it. I'm younger than you guys! Doesn't mean I still feel old!"
       Sans rustlers my hair once more before he went to his room. I smiled. My curiosity got the best of me.

        What gift did he get me?