Demonic Artifacts and Satan's Son

Rin crouched on the roof. He looked below as he watched Nate come out onto the balcony, talking to what seemed to be his wife on the phone.

The way he talked, Rin realized she had no idea what he was doing.

He leapt off and landed on the railing in front of Nate.

Nate made a choking sound and stumbled back.

"Nate? You okay?" Her voice drifted from the other end of the line.

Rin put a finger to his lips, telling Nate to keep quiet.

Nate hurriedly finished the phone call and shoved the device in his pocket.

"Who are you? Why did you save me? Why are you following us?" Nate glared.

"You're looking for some type of treasure, aren't you? I overheard your conversation with your brother," Rin commented.

"So what? You want in? That treasure is to save Sam!" Nate growled.

"You think I want money?" Rin chuckled. "I do not 'want in'. I do not want your treasure. That is not why I'm here."

"As for who I am," Rin continued, "I'm Rin. And I believe I already told you that I don't know why I saved you."

"If you don't want the treasure, then why are you here?" Nate asked.

Rin sighed, a conflicted look painted across his features. "Not completely sure. All I know is that the Saint Dismas Cross you guys have right now, it gives off a fair amount of energy."

"Energy?" Nate narrowed his eyes.

"Demonic energy," Rin summarized, "Although, it gives off waves in a certain direction, as if it's pointing to something. If that thing is pointing to something, I need to find it."

"Why?" Nate asked.

"It's my job to deal with demonic things. It's why I can sense them. That cross has demonic energy. It's pointing to something, and I have to find it," Rin explained, "Don't be too surprised if we run into one another again."

"What am I supposed to tell Sam? Sully?" Nate asked.

"You don't have to tell them anything if you don't want to. It's all up to you." Rin smirked and jumped off the balcony.

__________________________

"Saint Dismas Cathedral in Scotland. Sound good to you, Kuro?" Rin smiled.

"Let's go!" Kuro cheered.

__________________________

"Why would Avery make a secret base under his grave just to lead to the cathedral?" Sam wondered aloud.

"Avery seems to have different ways of thinking." Nate shrugged.

"Well, at least the caves look cool," Sam said.

"And dangerous," Nate added.

"Okay, I'll weigh down this end of the seesaw. Jump over there and find something to put on the end to boost me up," Sam instructed.

"Got it!" Nate called back.

After this was done, Nate shoved the crate onto the opposite end of the seesaw and Sam went flying up to the top.

"Nice airtime!" Nate laughed.

"Come on!" Sam called.

Nate jumped onto the seesaw, but his weight and the crate's on one side was too heavy for the big, old, broken seesaw.