Surprise, Surprise, Your Son's A... Half Ghost!?

"My baby..." Maddie murmured in distress.

"Son, why didn't you tell us? We could have avoided this!" Jack exclaimed.

"I was afraid. Afraid of rejection, afraid that you would cut me open and..." Danny didn't dare say more, but the revelation made the ghost hunters sick to their stomachs. They had, after all, almost cut open their son.

Maddie moved forward, the kids hesitant to let her through, and bent down to hug him. "Oh, sweetie, we love you, but the robberies, terrorizing, and kidnapping, why?"

"Mom, I was being controlled when I robbed those stores. The mayor was overshadowed by a ghost warden, Walker, who wanted me in his prison. The terrorizing...well, some people are just scared of me, I guess." Danny shrugged helplessly.

"Danno," Jack started, "we never meant to scare you. I guess us chasing you around didn't help. We'll love you, always, even if you are a ghost."

"That's the other thing," Danny said, "I'm not dead, well, not completely. While it may be scientifically impossible, I'm only half dead. I'm half ghost."

"How did this-" Maddie was cut off.

"Happen?" Danny smiled. "I forgot to tell you that the ON button was on the inside of the portal."

"Inside...?" Jack muttered.

"Oh my god! That means-! That must have been horrible!" Maddie wailed.

"I got electrocuted with enough electricity to power a whole hospital and all of its tools. It hurt, and that's an understatement." Danny shrugged.

"I'm so sorry, Danno," Jack whispered.

"We both are," Maddie murmured.

Both parents looked up to Jazz, Sam, Tucker, and Rin. "Thank you, for barging in here. Otherwise, things could have gotten very ugly." Maddie's eyes shined with unshed tears.

"Don't mention it, Mrs. Fenton," Tucker spoke, "Danny's my best friend. I would never leave him to such a fate."

"Same here." Sam agreed.

"He's my little brother. It's my job to protect him." Jazz smiled at her parents.

Jack turned his head to Rin. "And you, even if you are a demon and the King of Hell, I still have to thank you as well."

"Just because I have a tail and blue flames doesn't mean I don't know what it means to have a family. They're important to you and cherishing them is the best thing anyone could do. I couldn't stand by and watch your family fall apart, as well as lose one of my only friends." Rin chuckled, waving his now unfurled tail around for emphasis. "And my ticket home."

"Oh, shut it, mister! You still have a lot of explaining to do!" Danny scowled playfully at him.

"There isn't much explaining to be done. To sum it up, I'm a bastard child of Satan from a human mother, along with my twin brother. I inherited the flames, he didn't. I grew up believing I was human, and when I was fifteen, the truth came out. My adopted dad was possessed by Satan, and took control to kill himself to save me. I went to an exorcist school and planned to defeat Satan. Blah, blah, blah, and a lot of annoying blabbering from my brother later, I accomplished that around a year ago and became the next King. Not that complicated." Rin shrugged.

"I think I understand Plasmius's fear now," Tucker said.

"How did you find out about that, anyway?" Rin asked.

"I went to see what the fruitloop was up to, and color me surprised when I find a paranoid, jittery old man in his basement. Spouted nonsense and told me I was next." Danny chuckled. "What did you do to him exactly? I never got the details."