Clockwork and The Past

"Danny, are you sure this is safe?" Maddie asked, eyeing the Specter Speeder.

"It's fine, Mom. Jazz, Sam, Tucker, and I have used it plenty of times before." Danny smiled at his mother's nervousness.

"And where are we going again?" Jack asked.

"Clockwork. I guess he's like a second father to me, though he's actually more of a mentor. Besides, if Clockwork doesn't think you're ready or if he doesn't want to, we won't be able to find his lair. He is the Master of Time, so most ghosts consider him a myth. His lair is only found by those he wants it to be found by," Danny explained.

"It'll be fine, Mrs. Fenton. Danny's half ghost and I'm half demon. Just relax," Rin told her as he sat in the back of the Speeder.

"Alright." Maddie sighed, climbing into the Speeder, Jack following.

Sam and Tucker sat in front, Sam at the wheel. They all put on Fenton Phones so they could communicate with Danny from the inside of the Speeder.

Danny transformed into Phantom, rings washing over him. Jack's eyes widened in awe. "I'm never going to get used to that!" Maddie merely laughed at her goofy husband.

The portal doors opened, a swirling, glowing green mass lighting up in front of them.

"To Clockwork's!" The trio cheered.

Sam lurched forward, plunging into the portal.

Maddie and Jack gazed at the surrounding area, eyes wide with interest. "This place gives you the chills." Maddie observed.

"Well, it is the Ghost Zone." Danny laughed, his voice echoing through their headsets. "It's going to be colder, and most humans feel a bit uncomfortable here. Maybe it's weird, but for me, it feels like home."

"You are half ghost, Danny." Tucker reminded the boy.

"I know. I think that's why." Danny laughed.

"It feels odd, but not a bad odd. I think ghosts feel at home here, but since I'm a demon, it's different for me. It feels weird, but it's a nice weird. It's complicated." Rin blushed when he realized he probably sounded dumb.

"It's fine, as long as you're not getting ill." Sam joked.

"Ha ha." Rin mocked, rolling his eyes.

"What are all these doors?" Jack asked as he eyed all of the floating doors.

"Those are lairs," Danny's voice explained through the headsets. "Every ghost has one. The doors are like rooms for ghosts. Each door belongs to a certain ghost and revolves around its obsession. For example, Ember's lair would revolve around music. Islands are for the more powerful ghosts. They also revolve around the ghost's obsession, but it's not just a room, it's a whole piece of land."

"Do you have a lair, Danny?" Maddie asked.

Danny blushed green, at least that's what it looked like from inside the Speeder. "Uh, yeah. I'll show you it sometime."

Rin smirked, because he knew that if Danny was the Ghost King, he was going to have an island. The half ghost was obviously embarrassed.

__________________________

Eventually, the group reached their intended destination. They stepped out as the Speeder was parked in front of the doors.

"It's a Clocktower." Maddie observed.

"Fitting, isn't it?" A voice replied.