Lizzy's Musings and The Ghost Hunters' Plans

Lizzy's mind was in overdrive. The boy she had been taking care of was a demon, the son of Satan, no less! Being King of Hell also meant he had defeated Satan. Didn't that mean he was more powerful than Satan was?

The thought alone made Lizzy shiver.

Wasn't he still Rin, though? He was still the boy who loved to cook, who was clumsy and smiled at it.

"You don't look like much of a demon," Lizzy whispered.

"This is my human form, but even it's flawed. The ears, teeth, and tail are proof of that." Rin sighed.

"Tail?" Lizzy asked, the image of something black wrapped around Rin's waist as he pulled the sword out of his stomach flashed in her mind.

"I hide it by wrapping it around myself under my shirt." As he said this, something unfurled and swayed behind him. It was long enough to reach the floor, and it was the same color as his hair. It had a small tuft of fur at the end on it.

Lizzy's heart beat fast, and Rin stared at her. "Your heart's going to explode if you don't calm down. It's real loud."

Lizzy took deep breaths, then eyed him. "Can I see your demon form?"

"Only if you promise you won't think differently of me," Rin murmured.

"Never." Lizzy was surprised when she didn't hesitate.

Rin smiled nervously and transformed.

Lizzy stared, eyes wide. He really did look like a demon with the teeth, ears, horns, claws, tail, red pupils, and flames.

"I'm sorry you were so scared. I wish you could have trusted me," Lizzy whispered and hugged him tightly.

Rin froze for a moment before hugging her back, careful not to scratch her. "I did trust you. It's myself I didn't trust."

__________________________

Jazz stared sadly at her brother. "Danny..."

"Jazz, what if Rin's dead? What if that's how, whatever he was, dies? What if he really did commit suicide just to avoid us because he was scared of exposure? What if it's my fault he's dead?" Danny ranted.

Jazz frowned. It was hard on Danny, not knowing if Rin was alive or not. It was his obsession to protect, and even though his human form dimmed it a bit, it was still his obsession, the center of his core.

"Danny, Rin's alive. He's smart, and he wouldn't kill himself for something trivial like that. He knew you were half ghost, so he wasn't afraid of rejection. Rin's fine, you just have to believe in him," Jazz told him.

Danny just nodded. Jazz sighed. "I'll leave you alone, but don't sulk up here forever."

Jazz left the room, and Danny put his head between his knees.

Rin was definitely their ally, but that meant that Rin was the one who scared Vlad out of his mind. Danny wondered what Rin did.

If Rin really was dead, Danny didn't know what would happen. Even if Danny hadn't know Rin for very long, he was one of his best friends, and somehow, Danny knew that Rin had just as many problems as he did.

Danny clutched his chest, the place where his core resided. He closed his eyes and felt no pain, no heavy feeling in his stomach. His core knew if he had failed his obsession.

Rin was definitely alive.

__________________________