Paulina and Childhood Memories

After the incident with Lizzy and Kuro, Rin decided to eat out somewhere for lunch. Of course, Eclipse was open, but Rin and Lizzy had the weekend off, so he was not going to ruin it by eating there.

The mall or the Nasty Burger seemed like some good options, considering if Rin went to either place, it would be filled with teens, a good environment to blend in. If Rin went somewhere like Eclipse, he would stick out like a sore thumb.

After some contemplating, Rin decided that the mall would provide some decent food. Besides, he was not ready to take the risk of going somewhere called the Nasty Burger, no offense to anyone who eats there. He still remembered the time he ate something Mephisto made, and that was very worrying. Rin swears he saw a light! He did not want that to happen again!

Maybe he'd see Danny, Sam, and Tucker again.

__________________________

"Really? Man, that's insane! What kind of person doesn't freak out about that?!" Tucker gaped.

"Uh, us?" Danny raised a brow. "You know, Amity can't be the only place that has supernatural activity. Where he moved from, it's possible he's had his fair share of weird, supernatural encounters."

"Danny's got a point," Sam conceded as she sipped her smoothie. "I mean, Rin hasn't given any signs that he's afraid of anything unnatural as of recently. He's been pretty calm about all of it, considering what he's seen so far. Stumbling into the Ghost Zone and meeting a giant yeti? If I were him, I would definitely be questioning my sanity at that point."

"Maybe he's so calm because he's already lost his sanity. Seriously, I get that he doesn't really care that Plasmius was there, but talking back to someone who could possibly kill you easily? Not so smart," Tucker concluded.

Danny chuckled. "Tucker, that doesn't mean he's crazy."

"It just means he's not a wuss," Sam finished.

Tucker shrugged. "I'm just saying, Rin probably could have handled that a bit better."

"Handled what better?" A familiar voice asked.

__________________________

Okay, so Rin heard the entire conversation. It wasn't as if he was right next to them to whole time though. He was a good ten or fifteen yards away and there was enough chatter at the food court. It was impossible for him to hear them, if he didn't have demonic hearing.

The three jumped and whirled around to face him, shock and slight fear written on their faces.

"Rin!" The three chorused.

Rin raised an eyebrow. "What was I supposed to handle better?"

Sam thought quick. "The situation with my mother. You looked like you were going to throw her across the room."

Rin laughed. Sam was good at thinking quick on the spot. "Ah, but I didn't. I say that deserves me some praise."

"Oh, definitely," Sam agreed.

"No offense or anything, but what are you doing here?" Danny asked.

Rin smiled brightly at them. "Well, I came here because I felt like I needed to get out of the house a bit more. Since I'll be staying here, I've got to get used to the city. Although, I've run into some real weird things lately."

Rin smirked internally when the trio shared a look and Tucker laughed nervously. "Really? You mean the ghosts? Yeah, they're the norm around here."

"Yeah," Rin said slowly, smirking. "You could say that."

"Well," Rin continued, "I don't want to be a bother, so I'll leave you to it then."