Chapter 2~ A traitor

(Draco)

I stood behind Granger as everyone waited for the dark lord to make it to the castle. Her face perked up when she saw the big olf Hagrid walking up, yet the moment she saw his face her own fell again. In his arms was a dead Saint Potter. I cursed mentally. He said he would live.

The dark lord grinned as he said, "Harry potter. Is dead." The other death eaters began laughing cruelly with the dark lord himself. Then I saw Granger's grip around her wand tighten. She looked ready to shoot up and fire every curse known to wizards everywhere. I grabbed her arm and tugged it back down. I stood beside her doing my best to hide the fact I touched her.

"Come now Draco!" The dark lords voice sang.

She looked at me with pleading eyes. She had saved me not so long ago. I hated myself in this moment.

"Draco! Draco don't be stupid!" Father said fearfully.

"Draco come." My mother said softly.

I looked to Harry. I cannot believe he failed. "Don't worry Saint Potter. I will protect her." I mumbled softly. I looked to her. Our eyes met. I hoped she would forgive me for this. I began walking forward, to the dark lord.

She opened her mouth like she was going to plead with me to stay. I shot her a warning look. I prayed she got the message. Slowly she closed her mouth. But the look in her eyes killed me. Betrayal was etched into her face. I feel like a monster.

"Welcome Draco." Voldemort said with a smirk as he hugged me then sent me on my way. "And now it is time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us, or die."

I looked to her. Silently begging she would not to speak out. I was desperately relived when Longbottom beat her to it.

He stepped forward, and the dark lord looked as if he was holding back a laugh.

"Well I thought we'd do a bit better than that." He laughed as Bellatrix followed in suit. Soon all of the death eaters were laughing.

"I.. I'd like to say something." Longbottom began.

"I think we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have too say." Voldemort grinned. "Only too bad you will not get to say it. Crucio!" He yelled. Longbottom fell to the ground. His eyes wide open. He chest stopped moving. All of us stood in silence. Hermione's eyes meet mine once more and then I turned and left following my parents.

We aperated to the manor. Father walked off to his study leaving me and mother in the room alone.

"Mother." I began.

"Yes Draco." She turned to me a small smile touched her face.

"The dark lord promised that each of his follower may chose a mud-blood for our own personal use. I want the Granger girl." I say with no emotion.

"Of course Draco I will speak to your father right now." She nodded with a knowing smile and hurried off.

I began making my way to my room. Ever since the dark lord spoke of his plans for the mud-bloods after he won I knew I would take Granger. Even if Saint Potter didn't ask.