Chapter 3~ The mirror of Erised

(Draco's Flashback)

*flash back*

"Oi, Potter!" I called.

"What do you want ferret?" He answered tiredly.

I looked to both sides to see if we were being watched. Once I saw no one I whispered, "Room of requirements after curfew. It involves Granger. Do not tell anyone about this and do not think of bringing your friends." I said flatly.

"Why are you helping us Malfoy?" He asked.

"Because I don't won't to be on the wrong side anymore." I whispered.

*later that night*

I paced the room waiting for Saint Potter. Once he finally arrived I took a seat in a chair he did the same in the one across from mine.

"Why am I here Malfoy?" He asked.

"The dark lord is planing on using all muggle-borns as slaves when he wins." I began. "Each pure-blood can select the muggle-born they want. I have already put in a request for Granger."

"And why are you telling me this Malfoy?"

"Because I do not want it to come to that Potter." I spat.

"You love her." He said flatly. He wasn't asking me he was telling me.

"So I have been caught." I scoffed.

"She will never love you Malfoy you know that." Potter said softly. I could hear sadness in his voice.

"I am not asking her to love me. I know she won't not with what I have done to her. If I ever made it known I love her she would be in more danger than she is now. I only wish to protect her." I said honestly.

"Okay then Malfoy. Promise me this. In case I lose. You protect her for me?" He asked.

"Until the very end." I said with determination.

"Thank you Mal- Draco." He said oddly.

"Your welcome Pott- Harry." I nodded.

He left the room after that leaving me to myself. I turned around to see the mirror there again. Walking up it saw my hearts desires.

I'm standing there my arm wrapped around Hermione's waist. She's looking to me like I am her world, and I am looking to her the exact same way. I scoffed. "I wish this was the future instead of my desires. I've know those for so long already."

*end of flashback*